Chapter 16

Chapter 16
Eleonora's pov

Throwback to 2014 - 7 years ago - Age 17

"Goodbye mom" I said as I was about to leave home, to finally go to my meeting with Antonio Venturi. "Goodbye Nora, are you off to work?" She asked and got up from the couch to give me a little goodbye hug. "Not today, I'm just meeting Theresa in town" I smiled and kept it a secret what I really was doing today, no one knew not a single person. - "Okay, say hi to her from me" she said and I nodded. "I will" I smiled and then I walked outside and towards the bus that was driving me into town.

I must admit the bus ride felt like ages, I was extremely nervous and I kept thinking how it would go. - Finally I had arrived and I walked into the big building, I got greeted by the receptionist, it was quite a fancy place, something I've never experienced before.

"Hi, what can I do for you, miss?" She smiled and looked at me. "I have a meeting with Mr. Venturi" I smiled and she looked at her computer. "So you must be Eleonora Esposito, is that right?".. "Yeah that's me" - "great, I'll let him know you have arrived, in the meantime you can wait over there" she answered and pointed at a seating area.

After a short wait I spotted a familiar face, Antonio. "Miss Eleonora, I'm so happy you decided to come!" He said loud and clear with a happy voice. "Hi, thank you so much for having me!" I smiled as we shook hands. - "I think I'm the one to say thanks, I think you and I are gonna be very successful together" he said and just hearing those words was making me more than excited.

We spent over an hour talking in a meeting room. He asked me about my life and if I've ever had any music lessons, which I obviously haven't, since it's the last thing we could afford. - "So Eleonora, I would love it if we could hear you in the studio, could you be up for that?" He asked and I nodded.

We walked into the record studio, it looked like something from a movie. I greeted the two guys who were sitting next to all the cool producer stuff, I had no idea what it was called.

I then got into the little room with widows so I could look at them on the other side. And then I placed the headphones on my ears so I could hear them. "So when you are ready just start singing one of your songs, and we'll put some music on" Antonio said. And I gave a thumbs up.. I then got ready and then I sang, I sang one of my own songs, it felt really natural in a weird way.

"Eleonora, that was just perfect! you are exactly what we are looking for! We think you have potential to be something big in this music industry, we want you to be part of our record label" Antonio said and smiled brightly, and so did the two others. "Wow what, are you joking?" I was completely shocked, it felt like a dream.

"We are not, you have the most beautiful and powerful voice!" One of the other guys said, my heart was beating fast because of the lovely words and of what was about to happen.. "thank you so much, it means a lot!" I smiled, I couldn't stop smiling. "So what do you say, do you want a record deal?" Antonio asked and I nodded. "I do! Thank you so much, it's everything I've ever dreamt of" I answered.

"Were the one to say thanks, I bet this is gonna be a perfect partnership! Let's meet again next week, then we can go over the contract and everything! Now you should get home and relax, let it all sink in, warm up your voice because soon you will sing like you'd never done before" he said with a big smile. "I promise I will" I laughed and so did they. - We talked for a little while until our meeting was over.

I left the building with the craziest feeling inside my body, I had a need to scream because it felt like the luckiest person alive. I got a freaking record deal with the best record label in Italy!