Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Eleonora's pov

Today was finally the big day, I'm performing at the formula one grand prix! - I woke up early to get ready, since there's a long drive to Imola. - When I had gotten ready I packed a few things in my bag, and then I drove towards my mom and sister, to go get them.

"Goodmorning darling" my mom said and took a seat next to me in the passenger seat. "Goodmorning mom, and also goodmorning Chichi back there" I said and smiled at my little sister in the backseat. "Goodmorning Nora, I'm too tired to talk right now" she said. "Someone has been awake most of the night, because she's too excited for today" mom laughed and referred to Chiara. "Oh of course she was, well let's go meet your idols now Chiara" I smiled, thinking about how excited she might be.

The drive from Rome to Imola was 4 and a half hours long, but on the way we listened to music and had our own little carpool karaoke. Chiara was sleeping a bit, but mom and I had our own little party.

"Are you nervous?" she asked and looked at me. "Not nervous, just very excited. It's gonna be such an amazing experience, I ran over the details with Athena last night, and it sounds so cool" I smiled. - "I can't wait to see it, it's definitely gonna be one of my proudest moments as your mother. You singing our beautiful anthem in front of thousands of people, and millions of people looking from their homes" she smiled. "Wow thanks for the reminder mom" I laughed and so did she. "Oh sorry darling" she laughed. "No no, it's fine. I have practiced all week. I'm gonna be just fine" I smiled.

I pulled up at the Imola track, also called "Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari", something about the place already looked so cool. I parked at a parking spot reserved just for me, which was great since there were so many cars here already. - Then we met up with Athena who guided us towards some of the formula one crew. We kindly greeted them and got our paddock passes. Before entering the paddock I met a few fans, so I took some pictures with them and they were the sweetest.

"Liliana, Chiara you are free to walk around the paddock. I just need Eleonora for a little while, there's a few practical things that need to be done" Athena said. "Oh of course, we'll see you later" my mom smiled, and Chiara was totally in her own world, she was looking around the whole paddock, taking pictures and enjoying every second of this. "Chiara, let me know immediately if you meet Max okay" I laughed, because I knew she would die if she met him. "Don't even joke about it, I'm sure I'm not gonna meet him" she laughed. "Who knows chichi?" I smiled and then I had to leave with Athena.

"Ciao Eleonora, it's great to meet you. Thank you for wanting to come sing here today, we're very honored you had the time, I know you're heading on tour soon right?" one of the men working for f1 said. "Yeah, I'm heading on tour in three days. But really it's me who's thanking you, I'm so happy to be here and it's such an honor to sing here" I answered and he smiled. "That's wonderful to hear, well I was thinking we should talk about how things should be when it's time" he said and I nodded. So that's what we did, we talked everything over and it seemed pretty simple, I'm so excited.

I then was invited inside at Ferrari, since this place and this country is the home of Ferrari, and I'm italian so they thought it was obvious I should visit them, and I felt so honored to be welcomed inside the hospitality and the garage.

I walked around the Ferrari hospitality, I was surrounded by so many people wearing red, it's almost like the only color I could see was red, and I loved it. - "Hi, you're Eleonora Esposito right?" one of the ferrari drivers asked, I knew it was Charles because he's one of Chiara's favorites. "That's right, and you must be Charles Leclerc, it's an honor to meet you" I smiled and then we shaked hands. "Likewise, I love your music. My girlfriend and I listen to your music often" he laughed. "Oh wow, that's so nice. Thank you so much" I smiled. "Eleonora I've seen you have already met Charles, why don't we take a picture to instagram?" the ferrari photographer asked as she interrupted us. "Sure" we both said and then stood closer to each other and smiled for the picture. "Thank you guys.." she smiled as the photos were taken.