Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Eleonora's pov

• Throwback to 2014 - 7 years ago - Age 17 •

I woke up late today, which was nice. I then got dressed and got ready for the day, and in the meantime I talked with Theresa since she had a little break, and afterwards I talked with Gianna, I miss my girls so much these days. I really hope I can see them again soon, but we all are just extremely busy at the moment.

We graduated school last year, and after that we haven't seen each other that much. We had the best summer together, and when the summer was over Gianna moved to Milan, a six hour drive from Pescara, our hometown. She works with fashion and beauty in the big city, I'm so happy she got to pursue her dream. - Theresa goes to school here in Pescara, but she's very busy with her school, and at the same time she's working on her photography business.

And then there's me. I couldn't focus on school, so I got a new job at a popular cafe with live music and wonderful people. It's already been a whole year of me working there, and I really enjoy it a lot. Sometimes the manager gives me permission to perform a few songs, and that I really enjoy. - I'm working to earn a lot of money to hopefully move away from this town, and then I want to try to focus a bit on my music career, who knows if it's gonna be something.

I had a shift today, so I got out of the door and locked it. "When will you be home?" Amadeo said as he just returned home. "I don't know".. "Let me correct myself, when will your shift end?" he said, annoyed. "Around nine pm" I answered and walked to my bike. "Great, you can eat at your work, I'm not saving any food for you then" he said. "No of course not, since when have you done that" I said quietly. "Don't be ungrateful, you know what happens to ungrateful little girls" he said and kicked my bike so it fell to the ground. "Oh, fuck off!" I said and picked it up as he walked inside the house. What an idiot.

I arrived at work after about a twenty minute drive on my bike. "Hey Eleonora, good to see you!" my manager said as I walked into the kitchen to see today's schedule. "Hey, you too" I smiled. I also greeted the chefs inside the kitchen, who were busy cooking up some food. - "So Eleonora, we have a little problem today" my manager, Nicholas said. "No, what's wrong?" I asked.

"One of the artists we hired for today canceled at the last minute, so we only have one artist for the next eight hours.." he said. "I'll help," I answered. "Are you sure?" he said and I nodded. "Of course, it shouldn't be a problem," I smiled. "You're a lifesaver Eleonora! I'll give you the easy tasks today then, since you're an angel for helping with this"

The artist arrived, and I took him aside and we arranged when we were going on the tiny stage to sing a few songs each. We want to deliver live music most of the time here, of course there won't be constant music, but out of my eight hour shift there will be live music in five of them with some break in between of course.

The day was alright, we were busy with customers today, it was nice. "Eleonora, it's your turn now" Nicholas said. There had been a twenty minute break without live music. "Yeah, I'll be right there" I said and then went to take my apron off and I loosened my hair.

I walked on the little stage, which to be honest was just a platform with a guitar, a chair, microphone and a piano. But there was everything we needed. I sat on the chair and grabbed the guitar, my favorite instrument followed by piano right after.

All the guests turned their eyes towards me, people who were waiting to get seated, people who were waiting for their food and people who were already eating. "Good evening, my name is Eleonora Esposito and I will be playing a few songs for you tonight. So please, enjoy your meal and just relax" I smiled. I then started to play the chords to Coldplay's song "Yellow" which is a lovely song.