Chapter 128 : Confession before War (02)

Start from the beginning

Yudhisthira storms towards the chamber. No guards are here. This is the quietest place and the back area of Indraprastha. Sitting here for a few moments will lighten anyone's mood because this place is surrounded by trees.

Yudhisthira doesn't know what's gotten into him. He knows how dear Krishna, Draupadi, Arjuna and Satyabhama holds this chamber. It's a private chamber for only four of them. No one else is permitted inside. It's wrong for him to disrespect this place of theirs.

He contemplates outside the chamber. He doesn't want to see the disappointed eyes of Draupadi at all. His thoughts break as he hears laughter inside the chamber. His eyes find themselves looking inside from the window and Yudhisthira could swear his blood boiled.

Krishna and Arjuna are playing Dyut. Arjuna's feet rests on Draupadi's lap. Draupadi sits there smiling as both play their moves.

"Krishnaa, I have nothing to bet. Lend me something," Krishna whines.

Immediately Draupadi gives him her gold bracelets of both hands.

"Sakha, you won't win this round then. I will get back Krishnaa's bracelets from you," Arjuna says laughing.

"Why? I have every right to make my sakhi indebted to me. In hope of getting back these bracelets, sakhi might invite me again," Krishna jokes along.

Yudhisthira frowns. It's as if Krishna himself is playing matchmaker between them. He is making them closer. And it's working tremendously. Because Arjuna has gotten over the awkwardness around his brothers regarding Draupadi.

"What do you say, Panchali? I must play hard this round getting your bracelets back," Arjuna grapes her hand.

Draupadi giggles mischievously, "Arya, sakha presents me with so rare jewelries whenever he comes to visit. Why are you stingy over only one pair?"

"You don't know sakhi. How much my Partha is possessive over you. He is jealous that I have jewelries that touched your wrist," Krishna says mischievously.

"Sakha..." Draupadi groans embarrassed.

"You don't know the eyes I see, Krishnaa. You know what he said in Panchal about you?"

"Sakha, stop this..." this time even Arjuna gets flustered.

"Why? You read all our letters. What is that between you two that I shouldn't know?" Draupadi asks.

Arjuna becomes even more flustered. He looks at his sakha pleadingly. But of course Krishna sells him out.

" 'If the sun or moon looks at her, I will bring them down. If our domestic animals fall in her arms, I will behead them. I am jealous of her clothes, those jewelries because they are touching her, mixing with her scent where I can't.' were your exact words, isn't it, Partha?" Krishna winks.

Yudhisthira feels his blood run cold. How can Arjuna harbor such deep possessiveness for Draupadi? She is not only his wife. And why does he keep her with him all the time when he clearly knows it's Yudhisthira's year with her.

Arjuna becomes flustered unable to look at Draupadi anymore. Draupadi also lowers her gaze her cheeks adorning a beautiful hue of red.

"Someday if Bhrata Bheem gets his hands on the letters I write to my Krishnaa. That would be the last day I will step in Indraprastha," Krishna jokes.

Arjuna bursts out, "That's why I hide them always. Don't worry, Sakha. You writing letters to my wife, I won't let anyone else see. The shame is my alone."