Chapter 14 : Suthanu's Realization

Draupadi is sitting with the letter Duryodhana send. He surely has crossed all limits of forgiveness. Yuvani and Bhumika are standing beside her. She must send a reply to the letter. But what will it be?

"Bhumika, fetch me a pot and some soil," Draupadi commanded.

Bheem was confused but brought them anyway. Draupadi closed her eyes and uttered something while holding a fistful of soil. Then she put it on the pot and closed it off.

"Now write Yuvani.

Pranipath to Maharani Gandhari, Maharaj Dhritrastra and all Kuru family,

I, Yagnaseni Draupadi is delighted to know that you haven't forgotten me. You shouldn't. As Duryodhana is still behind the golden deer, he and his whole family should know his demise is near. They have seen Panchali's disorbe, Panchali will witness their destruction."

Yudhisthir wrote what she instructed. His whole body trembling with rage. He never felt so intense anger before. He for the first time wanted war.

"Send this with this pot," Draupadi orders.

This has to taken care. Only Satanika knows about this and others don't. It would be a disaster if others came to know. Draupadi didn't want unnecessary worries for her sons.

"Brihannala, you take care of your hands so much," Shrutakarma compliments.

Arjun groaned. This child is way keen. He notices everything. As an Archer, he of course takes care of his hands dearly. But this child noticed even this.

"I like soft hands," Arjun answers.

"Why?"

Arjun looked at him annoyed. Why his foot. Why does he asks so many questions?

"I..don't...know..." Arjun was unsure.

"You are weird, Brihannala," Shrutakarma comments.

Arjun tried to smile but failed miserably. This child gives him a tough time.

"You know everyone says I look like my father, Arjun. I have seen fear in lot of eyes seeing me. Was he that scary?" Shrutakarma asks.

"He was...I guess..." Arjun was unsure again.

"I don't know if it's a good thing that I look like his carbon copy," Shrutakarma says.

"Why?"

"He is so dark,"

Arjun chocked and began to cough. Never he was discriminated for his skin color. He glared at his son.

"I mean look at my maa. She is so beautiful no woman can ever come close to her in terms of beauty. And then comes my father. How did maa even like him?"

"Why are saying that, Rajkumar?" Arjun asks controlling his annoyance.

"I was just telling," Shrutakarma shrugged his shoulders.

For a moment Arjun thought what if his son knew he is talking to his father himself about him. If their relationship was sweet, they might had a friendly dual about him marrying his mother.

"Well, Mamashree says maa has the ability to see inner beauty. Maybe that's why she choose him in her swayamvar," Shrutakarma says deep in his thought.

"Maharani's hand was won by Arjun. She didn't choose him," Arjun says.

Shrutakarma smiles, "That's what everyone knows. But the truth was Maa choose him. As maa loved him, Mamashree made sure Arjun wins. There was another archer who had the ability to win maa."