Chapter 114 : Same Fear

Draupadi enters Shrutasena's chamber to find him sitting across Sahadev. Both have a serious expression on their faces. Both sweating profusely. As if they are discussing a life death situation.

"What..."

"Shh, Panchali," Bheem pulls her beside him.

"What happened to them?" Draupadi whispers.

"They are playing chess," Bheem whispers back.

Draupadi looks at them. They are as still as statue looking at the chess board. Not moving an inch. Are they even breathing? Some time passes still none of them move.

"Are they really playing?" Draupadi asks Bheem.

"I don't know. They are like this from last night after dinner," Bheem says.

Draupadi turns her head towards them in surprise. It's going to be time for dinner today. They are like this for almost 24 hours. Then everything slowly becomes clear to her. Shrutasena and Sahadev both are capable of seeing the future. So if one is seeing the next move, another is seeing the move after that. And this way both are sitting for almost 24 hours not moving an inch.

Draupadi really had enough. She goes to them and messes the entire chess board.

"Maa! I could have won!"

"Panchali! I was about to give my next move,"

Both father and son groans in frustration. Their concentration breaking at her deed.

Draupadi glares at both of them, "Sena! I thought you didn't come to the dinning room because you are busy with documents Sakha gave you. Turns out you are here sitting like a stone as if you have no job at all. When was the last time you ate?"

Shrutasena gulps seeing the fire in his mother's eyes. He becomes as silent as before.

Draupadi turns to Sahadev, "And you Arya! Have you no conscious? Nor you not your son have eaten anything for an entire day. Do you plan to give up your weapons and live like this? Besides did you take your medicines?"

Sahadev gulps as well looking at Bheem for help. Bheem zips his mouth not daring to provoke his already furious wife.

"Go to the dinning hall this instance. And if you two again do something like this, I will ban chess from Devapath," Draupadi warns.

Sahadev and Shrutasena springs up from their seat and walk as fast as they can from the room. Away from a furious mother and wife.

Bheem scoffs finally. Draupadi sighs decorating the chess pieces to their place.

"Seriously! Why does Dev do this? Always ignoring his health. He himself is a doctor," Draupadi complains to herself.

Bheem smiles fondly at her. She herself didn't eat because Sahadev didn't. She herself is fasting for 24 hours. She is not a bit worried about herself and rushed them to eat first.

Draupadi sits beside him after decorating the chess board.

"Bheem, what are you thinking?" she touches his cheek.

"I was thinking your love is something else. We don't have rights on ourselves anymore. Even if we breath, it's for you," Bheem says pulling her to his chest.

"Are you disappointed?" Draupadi chuckles.

"Not at all. In fact, I wish to live like this. Bound by your love from every direction so nothing more can bother me," Bheem answers.

"What a wishful thinking!" Draupadi rubs her face on his chest.

Bheem laughs loudly, "You have no idea how selfish we all are."