Chapter 107 : Burn Together

Less than a month was left before Siyaanshi could give birth and Draupadi is hell bent about making up for the care and love that she couldn't provide her daughter in law for the previous nine months. Her most of the time is spend with Siyaanshi as Prativindhya and Sutasoma took over the meetings with ministers.

Although today is different. Subhadra, Abhimanyu, Shrutasena and Nandini will arrive today. Draupadi had to leave Siyaanshi's side even if she didn't want to. Altogether she needs not to grandly welcome them, still she arranged a feast.

"Panchali, I had a question," Arjun asks sitting beside her.

Krishna is guiding Shrutakarma and Satanika in the practice area. Vrishaketu is asleep on Draupadi's bed taking his afternoon nap. Prativindhya and Sutasoma are with the ministers discussing.

Draupadi was looking through the curtains of the sabha listening when Arjun arrives beside her.

"What is it?" she asks turning to him.

"Prativindhya is more than capable now. He is the disciple of both Mahadev and Vagwan Parshurama. Over the years in a very short time, he has proven his worth. Even the people love him dearly and want him as their king. Why aren't you declaring him the king?" Arjun asks.

"The people not only want him but also Sutasoma, Satanika, Shrutakarma and Shrutasena. They are all capable of becoming a righteous ruler, Arya Arjun," Draupadi says.

"But only one can be the king. I know you raised our sons to be capable. They will follow their eldest brother and assist him while Prativindhya become the Emperor. He is Jyest Yudhisthir's and our heir. The oldest Kuru prince of his generation," Arjun says.

Draupadi contemplates if this is the right time to talk about what she has planned. She decideds they will know sooner or later so why not now?

"Arya, I never planned on letting only Prativindhya succed you five. I am aware that my Prativindhya is capable but so are his brothers,"

Arjun furrows his brows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"After the war ends, Aryavarta shall be divided in 5 major kingdoms. Each sons of Pandavas will rule each kingdoms," Draupadi says.

Arjun stares at her for a time being as if he didn't understand her. But the eldest should be the one to rule, that's the rule.

Understanding his gaze Draupadi speaks, "I am aware of the rules, Arya. Prativindhya shall be the Emperor of Aryavarta and his brothers will the regent kings. How can I be partial to my one son?"

Arjun sighs. It's... surprisingly a very wise decision..but...

"Panchali, the brothers will be divided...what if..?"

"They won't be divided. Arjun, staying under the same roof doesn't ensure their unity. They are brothers from the same mother. How can they be divided?"

Arjun understands. Pandavas and Kurus stayed under the same roof, studied under the same teacher. That never kept them united. Truly unity is formed by love and trust. And the brothers have them no matter what.

Arjun smiles intertwining his hand with her. Draupadi was again immersed into listening to the discussion from her place. Arjun was curious again.

"Priye, Prativindhya is capable enough and his brothers help him. You can rest easily now. You don't have to be present in their every meetings," Arjun speaks because this meetings go on for hours and it tires Draupadi immensely.

"I don't wish to burden him like his father. Arjun, he is so young. He should be enjoying life more. Going to places, enjoying the mother nature, spending time with his wife and brothers,"