Chapter 47 : Law of Remarriage

Nakul glanced at his Panchali in his arms she sat caged in his arms silently looking ahead. Her long hair sometimes flew on his face made him feel ticklish.
She would occasionally check on them. She would look at Yudhisthir and Bheem then at the back Arjun and Sahadev. She would sigh in relief and continue to look at the scenario. Then again after sometime she would check on them again.

Her head rested on his shoulder as he continued to glance at her. She noticing his gaze, looked anywhere but him.

"Panchali," Nakul calls.

She looks at him.

"I can tell you are sleepy. Sleep my dear. We will wake you up," Nakul says softly.

Draupadi looked uncertain but she was extremely tired. Not sleeping in Videhi for the last few days took a toll on her. She laid her head on the crock of his neck. Her both arms tightened around his waist.

Nakul chuckles, "I won't let you fall, sleep ."

He also tightened his hold around her waist. It didn't take Draupadi too much time to fell asleep.

When she woke up, she couldn't move. She froze as she felt two muscular arms. One around her waist and one around her shoulder. She was embraced by Nakul tightly. She was sitting between his legs and his face was buried in her hair. He was asleep as well.

Draupadi looked at the sky careful. It's so dark and the sky was full with stars. So she was asleep the whole time when they camped? And Nakul moved her from the horse and she kept sleeping. What's wrong with her? She is a very light sleeper. How did she fall asleep so deeply?

Draupadi wiggled in his hold but his hold only tightened. Draupadi looks up to ensure he is still asleep. And he was. Quiet peacefully she might add. His breathing was even. She carefully tried to remove his arms around her but it only kept tightening. Draupadi huffs in annoyance. But then she felt Nakul's arms being removed.

She turned around to see Bheemsen removing Nakul's arms around her.

"This idiot almost chocked you," Bheem says softly.

Draupadi became embarrassed. Nakul is impossible. His brothers were near. Why would he embrace her like this? He has lost his mind. How old is he to act like this? She couldn't meet Bheemsen's eyes in embarrassment. She walked away from there.

They camped in a very beautiful area. The full moon didn't make it hard for her to see. Suddenly Draupadi felt a shiver running down her spine.

Someone was there...

She turned around fanatically. But she found no one. Draupadi sighs in relief. But then she heard the sound of footsteps from her right side.

"Arya Bheem? What are you doing here?" she asks relieved that it was her husband.

"I am following you," he says as if it's an obvious fact.

"Why are you following me?" Draupadi asks baffled.

"It's so late, Panchali. You can't be left alone," Bheem answers.

"Leave me alone," Draupadi says.

"I can't do that," Bheem argues back.

Draupadi looks at him annoyed, "I will take a bath. Do you want to stand there?"

"I won't mind at all," Bheem's face glowed.

Draupadi glares at him making him gulp, "It's late Panchali. Why don't you take the bath tomorrow morning?"

"My wish when I want to take bath. Now go away," Draupadi turns away from him and sat on the rock beside the fountain.