Chapter 8

I see the female- looking humanoid mosquito let out a laugh, seemingly amused that we destroyed her swarm. Her legs are long and skinny with claw-like feet. She has skinny arms that curl up like scythes. Her biceps and shins are covered in bristles and are striped like a hornet. She has long hair and a human face with a pair of compound eyes on her head with two antennas and a shortened proboscis. Her body looks mainly to be of an exoskeleton with small fly-like wings on her back. The lower half of her body is a humanoid body that carries a large blood sack that attaches to her like a tail.

"Is that fireball your strongest attack?" she says arrogantly.

Scorch gets ready to shoot another fireball when the mosquito quickly moves behind Scorch and before he can react strikes his back.

Lucy's friend jumps in the way and blocks the attack. Sparks fly as the mosquito's scythe arm collides with the man's daggers.

"So, you were the one behind all of this," the man says while holding the block. "Your mosquito pals have caused me quite a lot of trouble."

Scorch gets out of the way and the two of them slip their block by dashing backwards. They stand there for a second and then both attack. They both unleash a flurry of attacks so fast that it's hard just to keep up with watching them.

Neither of them lets up for some time. A few minutes pass by and the man finally stops, panting from exhaustion.

"Tired already?" the mosquito says and gets ready to attack one last time.

As she charges, she is met head on by a fireball that Scorch fires from behind Lucy's friends. He then follows it up by running at the mosquito. He leaps up high, raising his scythe above his head.

He brings it down, attempting to stab the mosquito's head but she recovers from the fireball and parries with her scythe arm in time.

"Now Luna!" Scorch shouts as the mosquito flings him away.

Luna puts her hand out in front of her with a purple aura. The same aura envelops the mosquito as Luna raises her up into the air pulls her where Monika unleashes a powerful punch right at the mosquito stomach that sends it flying.

I haven't seen Monika fight before, so I watch as she chases the mosquito down. She starts to do something with her hands. Like as if she was swiping and clicking a screen. And each time she does that, her aura shifts. When she punches, there is a pink aura around her hand that moves to her feet as she starts to run.

She reaches the mosquito where she unleashes an uppercut that pushes the mosquito up into the air where she jumps up and slams her back into the ground.

Monika lands next to the mosquito and Luna tosses her gun to her.

"Any last words?" Monika asks as she points the gun at the mosquito's head while she lies on the ground defeated.

The mosquito responds with, "Did you think I was put on this mission because I couldn't handle someone like you?"

"Mission?" I hear Monika ask. "What mission? From whom?"

The mosquito lets out a laugh and says, "If you can't beat me, I'll tell you."

On cue, a massive swarm of mosquitos comes from behind the house and surrounds the humanoid one. Monika gets out of the way as the swarm rises up into the air. After a few seconds, the swarm bursts as a new, much stronger version of the mosquito emerges.

Her original colors of black and white change to a sharp red. Her headpiece from before resembles more of a mosquito and jagged, black lines appear around her body.