Chapter 4

As we fly out into the endless void, I can feel the coldness from the inside of the ship. The heaters started to act up about halfway through the ride. We are flying through the freezing cold void with a little bit of warmth.

"Everything was working before," Amy says, flying the ship.

"This problem seems like it didn't just happen though," Luna says, headfirst into the circuit box trying to fix the ship.

It was a medium sized ship. It fits all of us simply fine in it. It has a nice cockpit that all but Monika is in right now and then a bottom area where we exit and store all our weapons.

Monika was left in charge of the guns down below. I would have thought Luna should, but she insisted she'd be better at repairs. And because Monika was best with magic here, she'd be the best.

Amy and Scorch were flying the ship. Amy the pilot, because she was the only one who knew where we were going, and Scorch was watching radar and ready to take over if Amy needed him.

I sadly couldn't help with anything yet, so I just kept an eye out the windows to see if there was anything around us.

"Amy, there's three things coming closer on the radar." Scorch says, watching intently at the radar.

"I see them," Amy says. She then presses and holds down a button, "Monika, so you see them?"

"Ya, I see them," I hear Monika say on the intercom.

"Watch them," Amy responds. "We don't know if they are friend or foe yet. They are most likely with Ashlyn."

"I know. I will," Monika says.

"They're getting closer," Scorch mentions, eyes glued to the radar.

"Even so they wouldn't shoot," Luna says, now sitting down in the seat next to me. "If she wants Epic, they won't try and kill him."

"They're opening fire!" Scorch exclaims, as the machine guns under the enemy ships start to launch their assault.

The ship gets nailed with a massive onslaught of bullets.

"The gun's down!" Monika shouts over the intercom. "I'm coming up now."

Monika runs up to where we are to see us.

"Amy, can you get out?" Scorch asks.

"No, the engines been hit. Check if there is a base nearby somewhere. We can make an emergency landing there," Amy tells Scorch.

"Got it," Scorch responds. He looks frantically until he says, "found one, on your left. It just appeared right now."

"Seems suspicious but it's all we got for now." Amy states, as she turns the ship to face it.

As the heat from the fire of the engine and the fire from the gun start to grow, I can see what looks to be a metal structure drifting in the void. Red lights and loud sounds start blaring on the ship as everything starts to malfunction.

"They hit the core of the ship!" Luna shouts.

"That means all we can do is crash it." Amy says, as she lets go of the steering wheel.

We come in fast as we nail right into the structure. We landed on a platform somehow and no one ended up injured.

"Everyone all right?" Monika asks. Everyone gives a thumbs-up and then Monika continues, "Let's head inside. See if there are some people who could give us a hand or something we could use to fix the ship with."

We all exit the ship and grab our weapons. As we got outside, I could see the ship much better. Even though the inside didn't seem damaged at all, the outside was a mess. The gun was blown up and the engines were on fire. It looked like a scrap pile now.