Chapter 6

We follow Lucy down the middle of the three hallways which leads to another hole in the ground. Lucy then does the same thing that she did before to make the stairs appear again.

It worked the same way as before. The stairs came out one by one out of the metal walls of the hole. Except this time, they were made of metal themselves instead of stone like before.

As we started to descend, Jasmine slithered down the stairs quickly past us.

"Why's she running ahead?" Monika asks.

Lucy responds to her question with, "She's getting the lab set up, I'm sure. She's been excited to know that he was coming here. I don't know why, either because he can use incarnation and she wants something or some other reason. I never can tell what is going through her head."

We continue to walk down the stairs and as we get closer to the bottom, I can hear rattling and her moving around fast.

"Just as I thought," Lucy says as we reach the bottom.

Jasmine hears us and slithers back to the stairs. She then says, "Everything is ready."

"Thanks Jasmine," Lucy says as we walk into the lab.

Jasmine smiles and I look around the lab. It's a small room. There are things like test tubes and utensils around. There's also a freezer, probably for corpses, and tables that hold things like test tubes, trays, and tools. Some test tubes are filled with diverse types of liquids while some others are just empty. There is a door in the back that has writing above it. It reads, Test Rooms. It's most likely where her experiments take place.

"Are you a scientist?" Luna asks.

"Not quite," Lucy responds. "I do the things a scientist would, yes. I do things a bit differently though. I will engage in experiments that may be a bit too dangerous. I try and study special abilities while creating them myself. I almost burned my arm off trying to give Jasmine acid abilities and the ability to stretch her tail as far as she wants."

Shocked and confused, I ask "Wait, she can do what? She never used that earlier."

Jasmine then explains, "I can make my tail grow as long or as short as I want it to. Its size can be changed at will."

"That one is still new," Lucy says. "She requested it just about 3 months ago."

Lucy walks over to one of the tables in the front of the room and looks around at the table. She ends up grabbing one of the beakers on the table and fills it up from a dispenser she has on the wall next to the table. The beaker fills up with a red glowing liquid that looks like it has electricity in it.

"I have to drink that?" I ask.

"Is it even safe?" Monika then asks, seemingly concerned.

"Yes, it's safe and no you don't have to drink it," Lucy explains. "It won't work properly. The point of it is to draw out the aura of the ability."

"Aura?" I ask.

"Remember when I used my telekinesis to pull you back up?" Luna asks. "When I did that, you might have noticed a purple aura engulfing the hand that I was using. An aura appears when any type of ability is being used by the entire body or a select part of it."

I then ask, "Why the aura though? Wouldn't it be better to examine something such as the DNA or brain for abilities?"

"That sounds reasonable yes," Lucy responds, "But it's a lot more dangerous and isn't as exact. The aura on the other hand isn't even part of the person. Aura is only released by using an ability so it can be examined as pure. It will give us more than DNA or what is different about the brain can give us. Plus, it's much less harmful."