Chapter 2

"Who was that?" I ask but both Monika and Scorch just shake their heads.

Scorch then says, "Not someone we want to mess with."

Amy, Luna, and Max then all came running to meet us.

"They all started to retreat," Amy says, seemingly surprised by it.

"What happened with you three?" Luna asks, "I may have an idea though."

"So, the man that you guys knew about was summoning giant snake after giant snake," Monika explains.

"He must have sent one to my base then," Luna interjected.

"We think so, you also said that it seemed to be looking for something?" Scorch asked, verifying what he'd heard.

"That's true. All it did was knock the guards out. It never killed anyone. One of my soldiers also reported that it looked like it was looking for something," Luna explains.

"Or someone," Scorch finishes.

"Someone?" Amy asks. Her eyes then go wide when she realizes. "I see it now. What exactly happened to make them retreat?"

Scorch then continues to explain the rest of the story, "So me and Monika killed about 10 of them before Epic came here. When we killed the last one, so did that man. Then he looked at Epic and threw a knife past his head. He then said something like, 'I know what I need to know now,' and then called to his soldiers and left. That's when you guys came here."

"The other commander left as well; she wasn't very talkative. All she wanted to do was kill me. But I can tell now that that man probably had more authority in their ranks." Amy points out.

"He must be the head of this mission then," Max continues.

"If only we knew more about them," says Luna.

Scorch then smiles and says, "I'm sure we'll see them again. And when we do, I will be ready to face him."

"Don't over work yourself," Max says sarcastically, "I know you and Epic loved battles with strong opponents a bit too much."

I then ask confused, "What's wrong with that? The stronger the opponent the more fun the fight and the better you become afterwards."

Monika laughs a bit and says, "You still haven't changed."

I smile, glad that I know that whoever I was that they all knew, was still me. I just wish that maybe someday, I could eventually get my memories back. But for now, I just must deal with what's been happening.

"Let's hold a meeting," Monika announces. "We need to go over what we know for now. And maybe even remind Epic of what's been happening here."

"Do we have to? I mean, can't we just leave him in the dark for a little while longer?" Amy asks.

Scorch just sighs and says, "I'll go get Amy and Pearl. Let's just meet in the discussion building on Monika's world since we are already here."

They all nod and then Monika grabs my wrist and pulls me and says, "Come with me."

I catch up to her pace and she lets go. I walk next to her and say, "Everything is happening so fast. First, I wake up in what seemed to be a prison cell, then get attacked by a giant snake, then the guy who summoned it runs away. I meet so many people that know me, but I don't know them, and worst of all, my memories of my life are all gone."

"That's why we will try and explain everything to you soon. There's a lot of things that you need to know and that we need to tell you. But first, let us discuss what just happened. This is a big problem that we need to figure out," Monika explained.