Comfort Food

"Alright," you say, genuinely just wanting to go home.

"Let's talk outside," Sam says and grabs your hand before you can pull it back.

You narrow your eyes at him, getting pretty sick of his bullshit.

"Sam, let go."

"No, just follow me."

"Ugh, let go and I will," you say. Sam sees that you planted your feet and are not going anywhere.

He sighs and reluctantly lets go, but not without giving you some serious puppy dog eyes.

"Good god, Sam, act your age," you say.

Sam is progressively getting more and more annoyed at your attitude and is about to snap when someone interrupts.

"Hey guys, what's going on with you two?" Jasmine asks.

Looking at her in sheer relief, you shuffle away from Sam and say, "Nothing, really."

"Actually Jas, will you be our mediator, we are having a bit of a spat."

Both you and Jasmine look at each other uncomfortably.

"I don't know about that," she says, looking away.

"Peaches, back me up, we are obviously getting nowhere trying to talk this out ourselves."

"And whose damn fault is that," you say.

"It's starting to be yours if you don't lighten up," he says, giving you a glare that kind of scares you.

Seeing this, Jasmine steps in, "Alright, I'll mediate."

"You really don't have to-"

Jasmine gives you a look that says 'trust me.' So you do.

"Well let's get out of class first," she says.

The three of you walk outside to the front of the school.

"Alright, what exactly happened between you two? As far as I'm aware you were fine like three hours ago."

"He was just being a mega asshole in lit."

"Yeah, and I apologized."

"I don't think you understand, Sam, this keeps happening. You randomly lose your temper with little to no explanation and are rude to me."

"It's not fully my fault, I can't help it."

"Yes you can."

"Okay," Jas cuts in, "obviously you both have a point. Sam, you can't lose your temper like that and expect her to just forgive you. But (Y/n), maybe don't be so harsh about it."

You feel a prickling at the back of your head from the sheer anger her statement causes. Getting ready to say something about it, she quickly looks at you and implores you with her eyes to understand. You think, she's trying to get him to leave you alone. You appreciate this, so you play along. You'll decide after this conversation if you want to continue to be friends with Sam. Right now, it's looking unlikely.

Sam nods his head in agreement, you almost roll your eyes, but then he says, "I really am sorry about earlier, I didn't mean it, but you are being a little dramatic at this point."

You grit your teeth, and not wanting to deal with this any longer you say, "Okay, I forgive you."

Sam's eyes light up in a way that almost makes you forget how awful he's proving to be.

"Really? Thank you, Peaches, I promise it won't happen again."

He hugs you rather tightly, much to your annoyance, but you pat his back and say, "Okay."