Swings and Sunsets

Walking home after lunch, you get a weird feeling you are being watched. Brushing it off, you put in your earbuds and begin daydreaming. You dream about your old home, it suddenly hitting how much you miss it. You miss your friends, your school, even your old shitty house. Wanting to get home so you could lay down and cry, you begin walking faster.

The next day of school you walk into your first period. Seeing a traitor sitting in his seat, you flick his ear and sit down.

"Hello Sam, I trust you had a wonderful lunch."

"Listen, I'm sorry about that."

"Yeah, okay. I feel like I'm not getting an explanation, so don't bug me."

You put in your earbuds and start on the easy review assignment that was given out. You could feel Sam glancing at you from time to time, obviously sorry. But at this point, you are sleepy and sad, so you don't care. Finally class ends and Sam grabs your hand as you are getting up.

"Please let me explain, Peaches."

"Alright."

"I got a call about an emergency while you were ordering, and I had to go."

Suspicious about his excuse you ask, "Why didn't you just tap me, and tell me you had an emergency and needed to leave?"

"I was panicked, and I wasn't really thinking about it."

You sigh and accept his apology while you both made your way to calculus.

"Wanna get lunch today, Peaches?"

"Sure, where? Also if you ditch me, you are going in my burn book."

"Haha, don't worry I won't. The donut shop?"

"I'm always down for donuts," you concede, walking into class.

Focussed on the notes you were taking, you start to feel something ticklish. Looking over, you see Sam playing with your hair. Shocked you gave him a bewildered look.

"Please?" is all he says. Uncomfortable with it, but not saying anything you continue your note taking. Sam on the other hand, is out of his mind pleased with the situation. Your hair feels so good in between his fingers. He has to fight back a smile every time he sees you shiver from the ticklish feeling.

You didn't know he watched your little competition with Callum from the window of his class. While Sam was annoyed that he was encroaching on his territory, he enjoyed watching you stand up for yourself.

~Yesterday~

"Cal, get over here."

"What is it Sam, I'm busy."

"Stay away from Y/n."

"Gladly."

"See, you say that but I saw how you were looking at her. I'm warning you, stay away."

"Or what, you'll kill me?"

"Don't tempt me." From the corner of his eye he saw you walking the opposite direction of him. He wanted your attention so he ran after you, leaving Cal confused and annoyed.

~Present time~

The bell playing signaled the end of your mental and physical torture. Pulling as far away from Sam as possible, you pack your stuff up. Seeing this, Sam looks disappointed.

"Sorry, did that make you uncomfortable?"

"To be honest, yes, I don't really like people touching me."

"I understand, but it was only to help me focus, I like to fidget with stuff."

"Alright, just let me know before you do it again."