Chapter 16: we're not dating yet

Huxley's POV

I can't believe it. She said yes.

She said yes.

Her luscious blond hair is still wet from all the hail and some strands of hair are clinging onto her cheeks. I slowly move my fingers to her cheek and tuck the strands behind her ear. It's also an excuse to touch her face. I just can't help myself. 

I look her in the eyes again. Those bedazzling grey eyes.

I'm trying to regain my focus. Call it cliché but I got lost in her eyes.

Once I get my head back into our conversation, I start to notice that my heart's racing. She just has that effect on me. Shit. I am in way too deep.

"Huxley?" Estelle says in her sweet soft voice.

I snap back up and respond. "Sorry. I just needed a moment to process."

She laughs shyly. I can see her starting to relax into our conversation again. And finally after quite some time, I see her give me a genuine smile. Her real smile, no pretending. She's smiling with her entire face, and it's a good look on her. Happiness looks amazing. Oh Sunshine.

"I can't believe I'm seeing you all nervous! Huxley you are so cute!" Estelle laughs at me.

I scoff. "I'm not cute, for the hundredth time."

Estelle laughs, while doing so she moves out of my grip. I'm disappointed for a small moment, but it fades away when I remember that she agreed to go on a date with me.

''You are cute, just accept it.'' She says leaving no room for discussion.

I laugh. ''Alright whatever you say. Let me walk you to your dorm.''

Estelle questions me for a bit. ''Huxley isn't it out of your way to do so?''

I shake my head. ''No it's on my way home, you've been there or did you forget?''

She laughs. Her dimples are decorating her face, making her look even prettier, if that's even possible. ''No I remember, I'm just not good with directions. But if you say so then sure walk with me.''

Estelle leads the way and starts walking. I catch up to her and walk beside her. The distance between us becomes smaller and smaller as we're walking together. Sometimes I feel our fingers brush. The warmth of her touch sends shivers through my body. I feel my fingers tingling. I like this feeling. It's weird, but also exciting and welcoming. I want more.

Without hesitation I grab Estelle's hand and intertwine our fingers.

Estelle stops her pace to look up at me. I can't exactly decipher that look of hers, but I don't think she dislikes my gesture.

Estelle blinks a few times before she relaxes her body and I see a playful smile appear on her face. Then she looks at our hands.

''What?'' I say innocently.

Estelle shakes her head. ''Nothing. Just didn't know you were the holding hands type.''

Should I be offended?

"Why not?'' I ask her.

''Oh you know, you can act so cold and indifferent. Didn't expect to see you being this sweet.'' Estelle says honestly.

I scoff. ''I can be very sweet. I could be the sweetest. Just watch.''

Estelle laughs. ''Sure. I'm sure you can. Please continue, I like it.'' She admits.