Chapter 15: He likes me?

Estelle's POV

— Saturday after work —

Let's talk about Huxley.

I need to take a minute to process these words coming from Cami's mouth before I answer her. I look at her with a blank expression. I just didn't expect her to be so upfront. When I'm done zoning out I meet her brown eyes and answer. ''Okay. Sure. Did something happen to him?''

Cami gives me a sarcastic laugh before speaking. ''Oh, totally.''

Shock rushes through me. No that can't be right. Hopefully it's not too bad. I give Cami a concerned look.

''No worries Estelle. It's nothing serious. He was sulking the last time I saw him. And I thought I'd speak to the person who's the cause of that.'' Cami says in an amused tone.

''So you're saying it's my fault?'' I say dumbfounded.

She shrugs. ''It's not an accusation. I'm trying to help you guys.''

Okay now I'm even more confused. She became so close with Huxley after she re-entered his life and now she's supposedly trying to get me and Huxley together? This can't be.

''I don't understand you. You're with Huxley, I've seen you together a few times. So why are you saying this to me.'' I try to sound as nice as possible.

Cami laughs. She actually laughs, as if I just said something funny. ''Oh you're just as clueless as him!''

I am a very patient patient person. I am a nice person. But I feel like she's not taking me seriously. And it's hitting some nerves. I bite back. ''No need to insult me. Please just get to the point.''

''Estelle I am really trying to help. Huxley and I are not together.'' She says turning serious.

''But I saw you guys at that coffee place a few weeks ago? And you were so close at New Years? I know for a fact that I did not dream that.'' I say as if I'm defending my case.

Cami smiles. ''No, I ran into him by accident at that coffee place. And that entire conversation we had was about you. I wanted to get back with Huxley, but he has zero interest in me. We are so over. Of course I'd get back with him if he wanted that, but I have no right to intervene in his love life. I wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about me.''

I have mixed feelings about this. It is really nice of Cami to clear up the relationship she has with Huxley, but the fact that she still wants to get back with him if he were up for it doesn't reassure me. Does this mean I have a chance with Huxley? Should I take it? I don't know. I'm at a loss.

''Thanks for telling me. But I'm just really confused right now. I'm heading to my dorm, if you'll excuse me. I'm really tired.'' I say with a fake smile.

Cami nods. ''Don't overthink it Estelle. Alright, bye.'' She waves me goodbye.

I give her a nod in return and go to my room.

— Monday evening —

I sit down on my bed and grab my phone from my nightstand. I open my phone to see a missed call from Samara. I'm kinda worried about her after Saturday night. Me and the girls met up for our regular gossip session. And we needed to discuss a whole lot. After the whole Huxley debacle I needed to vent. And luckily the girls were there for me. And it seems like I'm not the only one having boy problems.

I'm calling Sam back, hopefully it wasn't an emergency. It takes her a couple seconds to pick up the phone but eventually she does.

''Hey girl. You saw my call?'' Sam asks cheerfully.