Prologue

Estelle's POV

Never did I think we'd reach this point in our relationship. He's always sending me dirty looks and sighing when he hears me speak. Now the asshole wants me to believe he likes me! HE LIKES ME?! No that cannot be true. Never. Period. He's probably just teasing me. Or is he?

Yesterday's dorm party

"Alright, alright, everybody we're gonna play spin the bottle! If you're too much of a chicken then please leave this room! Only hot people play anyways!" Dorian, one of the fuckboy hockey players from Greenwood University is screaming, trying to lure people into playing this stupid little game.

To my surprise, my best friend Samara joins in. Guess I gotta play now.  We're now sitting on the ground in a circle full of people I barely know. To make shit less awkward I start speaking to a girl next to me and we joke around for a while. Drunk talks with strangers are honestly the beauty of college parties.

Dorian spins the bottle and it lands on a girl next to me. He moves over to her and grabs the back of her head and pulls her to him. They start making out like crazy next me. To make this ordeal less awkward I cheer them on and other people follow my lead. The game goes on like this for a while. I'm focused on everything that's happening until I feel someone sitting down next to me.

I don't even have to turn my head to know it's him. I can feel his eyes burning through me. For such a cold personality he sure feels warm sitting down next to me. "Didn't take you for the type to engage in games like this. You sure you can handle this Estelle?" The way he says my name with such distaste makes me shiver.

"Why'd you think I can't handle this game just fine." I try to come off nonchalant. When I see nobody's hand on the bottle I grab it and spin it. Luckily it lands on Jake Miller, also a hockey player. Thick brown hair, hazel coloured eyes and a devilish smile that's creeping on his face when he sees me. Kissing him isn't bad. He's hot and cocky, a perfect combination for a kiss without having expectations. Yes I can do this. C'mon Estelle you've got this!

When I get up to get closer to Jake I see he's already near me.

"Be prepared for the best kiss of your life Estelle." Jake says half jokingly.

The way he says my name is different from Huxley. Jake sounds friendlier, while Huxley gets me on my toes every time he speaks my name. I can feel Huxley watching us closely. His brown eyes now turned dark. A cold gaze sending shivers through my skin.

I cannot get nervous now with him watching me. I'm gonna kiss Jake and actually enjoy this without Huxley ruining it for me with his attitude. To hell with it. I tug on Jakes shirt to move him towards me. He gets the hint and presses our lips together. Starting the kiss slowly, he speeds up the tempo of our lips moving together. His lips are warm, he tastes like smoke and mint. It's honestly a nice taste on my lips. Never thought I'd like that. I hear people cheering us on and realise that we're going at it for a little too long. I motion for him to separate our lips. He complies.

"That wasn't so bad now was it Estelle?" Jake laughs friendly.

"I guess you live up to your reputation Miller." I say.

When I get back to my spot I see an empty space next to me. I guess Huxley left. He probably couldn't stand to see me kiss his teammate. Wow he really hates me that much. Ever since we started working together at the bookstore I tried to be friendly with him, but he wouldn't even bother to play nice. It got better, or so I thought, the longer we worked together, but I guess he still dislikes me.

When spin the bottle ended Samara and I got up and went for a bathroom break.

"Hey girl I'm really tired so I'm heading home. You'll catch a ride with Jake right." She smiles suggestively at me.

"Ha ha very funny of you, but no go home Sam get some sleep. I'll go home, don't worry."

Now that Sam left I'm trying to find Kaia, she wasn't up for spin the bottle and went to chill in the backyard. Well that was forty minutes ago. In my search for my friend I bump into none other than Huxley who is glaring at me for invading his space.

"Oops sorry bud, by any chance have you seen Kaia?" I try to smile at him. Only for that cold jerk to frown. He grabs my arm and pulls me inside and leads me to a quiet hallway.

"So did you enjoy kissing him?" I've never seen Huxley look this mad at me. Actually he looks furious.

"What's it to you?" I say, provoking him.

All the times I try to play nice with him have just now been for absolutely nothing. I'm testing his patience and I can see he's running low of it. He puts one hand on the wall, trapping me, and the other on my chin as he lifts it up.

"Answer me, Estelle." His voice getting deeper with every word.

I can only nod.

"Don't kiss anyone ever again, you understand me?" Huxley whispers.

Okay now I'm puzzled. I let out a soft laugh.

"In what world do we live, where your grumpy ass can command me to do things?" I dare him.

His eyes grow darker. He's getting nearer and nearer. "Your lips only look good on mine."

Okay what?! What is this man saying. My brain can't comprehend what I've just heard. Am I that drunk I start seeing things? Now this can't be.

"Are you drunk Huxley? This is out of character." I retort.

He gets even closer to me and his eyes soften. "I'm not drunk enough. No matter how much I drink I can't get you out of my head and it's driving me fucking crazy."

He presses our foreheads together and takes a deep breath. "Just a taste." I hear him say. Is he gonna do what I think he's gonna do?

Before he can even plant his evil lips on me I push him away so hard he almost falls over. Without helping him I ran off and called Kaia to meet me outside otherwise I'd throw hands.

What just happened?!