Chapter 7: I'm not your boyfriend

Estelle's POV

I look up to look at the gorgeous waitress, who seems to know Huxley. She looks like a model. She's tall, skinny and super pretty. I'm honestly not surprised to see that Huxley knows pretty girls. He's good-looking and probably attracts many girls.

I look over to Huxley and see him with a nervous expression on his face. He looks uncomfortable and sad at the same time. What's their relationship? Why is he so on edge right now? He's also taking a long time to answer her.

''Yeah, it's been long. Not long enough tho.'' Huxley now looks annoyed, overcoming the initial shock of the situation. He doesn't even bother to acknowledge her existence. I know Huxley can come across as a cold jerk but I've learned that he has a soft side as well. But right now I'm only seeing the Huxley I knew before we became friends and I'm not liking it. His cold stare and the icy tone of his voice send shivers down my spine and I'm not even the one receiving the cold treatment.

The waitress doesn't seem to be that fazed by it. ''Oh, come on Huxley really. You're gonna be like this? You know I'm sorry. Please can we just talk or something?'' She tells him. And I'm getting curious watching this interaction. What happened between them? Could she be his ex?

Huxley puts some cash on the table and stands up, motioning for me to do the same. ''Don't bother Cami. We're leaving. Lets go Estelle.''

I'm blindly following him, while muttering a thank you to the waitress. She smiles at me and turns around. We're walking out of the bar and I can still see that Huxley looks a bit agitated. When Huxley and I get to our bikes he starts to speak. ''I'm sorry you had to see that. Just had to get out of there.''

I can't help myself from asking ''Who is she? Why were you so mad, if you'd want to tell me. You don't have to.'' I'm really trying my best not to sound nosy, but I know I'm failing at it.

''Stop pretending like you're not curious Estelle. You know I'll tell you anything.'' He says. I laugh softly. Well do I Huxley? Would you really tell me anything? I don't voice this out loud, but I do look up at him and meet his beautiful brown eyes. His eyes finally softened. I'm seeing the gentle version of Huxley again. The side of him that I seem to like more and more each day.

''She's Cami, my ex. We dated for six months in freshman year. She cheated on me, so we broke up.'' He's avoiding eye contact right now, and I don't like it. He got cheated on? Wow. I feel really bad for him. How could she cheat on him? I know he can be an ass, but after seeing his soft side I can't understand why'd she do that?

''Her loss. Don't understand why she would cheat on you. You'd make a great boyfriend.'' I say, immediately regretting it when the words leave my mouth. Shit. Now he's gonna think I want him as my boyfriend. Hopefully he doesn't interpret it like that. I was just complementing him. Yeah that's totally it.

He smiles. Finally I see a smile. I'm getting a feeling of satisfaction seeing that I was the one to make him smile. I'm feeling a little too proud of that. ''Thanks Estelle. But how could you know? I'm not your boyfriend.''

Okay I don't want to be as delusional as Kaia but there was totally a flirty undertone in his response. He's now looking at me with a cocky grin on his face. What can I even respond? What does one say after being flirted with?

''Oh you wish to be my boyfriend. Get in line.'' I say back trying my best to return the flirty energy.

That shut him up. His cocky expression is wiped off his face. He's scratching the back of his neck giving me a show of his arm muscles flexing. This shouldn't be as attractive as it is right now. What's wrong with me? Get it together Estelle!