Chapter 3: Gorgeous, actually

Estelle's POV

It's Monday again. The weekend passed by so quickly, I filled the girls in on my new coworker who's a total ass at work and school. My friends and I decided to go for a picknick in the park near Greenwood University. When I say my friends I mean Samara, Kaia, Miles, Jake and Dorian. Huxley is also present, but I feel like he wouldn't want to be included in my list of friends. He's also sitting as far away from me as possible. I don't understand the point of moving away from me when he's continuously stealing glances at me. He thinks I don't notice the glares he sends me. But I do, I may be distracted easily but I'm still pretty observant. When I'm laughing I can feel his eyes on me. His eyes linger way too long for my liking. I feel watched, I am being watched, but normally I don't really care that much. Right now, I'm starting to feel a little uneasy. I try to divert my attention from Huxley but my eyes keep moving towards Huxley.

I snap out of the daze I'm in when I hear a loud voice. ''Guys, let's skip class for today and tomorrow. We've had hockey practice this morning and tomorrow we have a day off! We could go to you guys' family beach house right?'' Dorian turns to Miles and Kaia with pleading blue eyes. I laugh. Only Dorian would invite himself to someone else's house. Kaia looks a bit puzzled and turns her head to Miles for an answer.

''Alright for once I agree with Dorian. I could use a short break. It would be a shame to waste the last sunny days of October at uni. But I don't have a car so you have to drive us Dorian.'' Miles answers excitingly. Dorians jumps and gives Miles a tight hug. This earns a smile from Huxley. Wow. A smile. I'm actually seeing this. His brown eyes sparkle when he smiles. There is a beautiful lightness to him when he smiles. When Huxley catches me looking at him the smile fades away ever so quickly. I'm hit with the feeling of disappointment. I look away from him and focus my attention on the ongoing conversation. Kaia and Samara are talking about what clothes they need to pack for our trip. It honestly doesn't surprise me that the guys unanimously agreed to the trip. What does surprise me is that my friends are willing to skip class. But I guess we all love the beach. Who could say no to the beach. Also I'm super curious to see what the Chen family's beach house looks like.

'' One more thing tho. We're seven people in total. That's not going fit in one car. We need one more car.'' Kaia says. Well she's got a point. I didn't even think of this, and based on the reaction of the others, they didn't either. Well shit. That is going to be a problem. But the other half could maybe go by public transpiration right? But that would not be fair tho, so I don't mention it.

Jake speaks up '' Did you all forget that I own a car? C'mon guys. I could drive half of you to the beach!'' Oh yeah. Jake has a car. That would solve the problem. Except for the fact that the will to live evaporates once you get in the car with him. '' Jake you do know that going to the beach is only useful when you're alive right?'' Huxley says sounding bored with the conversation.

''Oh don't be mean! I am an excellent driver. I am really enthusiastic, that's all!'' Jake tries to convince us to let him drive for ten more minutes. Eventually we give up and accept his offer. The next thing we bicker about is who is riding with who. We agree that Miles and Kaia need to be split up so that they can navigate. Dorian claims Miles as his navigator. Knowing Samara's big fat crush on Dorian I speak up to say that Samara and I will be joining Dorians car. That leaves Jake, Kaia and Huxley. ''Great, I'll die before I even make it to the NHL.'' Huxley sighs.

''Nobody's going to die. I wouldn't want to endanger Kaia.'' Jake teases Huxley. I laugh at that, earning a glare from Huxley. Can this guy let me live? I'm trying my best to be friendly but he just dismisses everything I do. Thank god I don't have to sit with him for a three hour drive.

Jake and Kaia are chatting about everything and nothing, and based on the look Huxley has on his face, he's annoyed.
''Are the two of you going to talk nonsense for the next three hours? If so, someone help me.'' Huxley says. He's moody again. I swear this guy needs a good night of sleep and a whole new attitude.