29. Thank You

1 week later-

"Offo, not like this you fool", Manjiri scolded an already confused Abhimanyu- "Keep the kalash before the plate, and keep the plate before the white cloth and atleast keep some flowers over there na", she instructed in annoyance as she could clearly see him struggling with all the said items, through the video call.

"Arre slow down Maa, I'm trying.....I'm trying!!!!", he answered, taking yet another five minutes in placing the rice filled kalash at the entrance. "See, I did it", he released a sigh of relief, smiling proudly at the mobile's camera that Akshara was holding to show Manjiri the arrangements for her grahpravesh at his personally owned apartment.

A week after their wedding, they both finally moved to a different city where Abhimanyu initially used to live alone.

As per his deal with Harshvardhan Birla, he promised to never return or disrupt their lives anymore. "I don't need your family's name or a share in your property. Give whatever you have to your son Yuvraj cause I don't care. For me, Akshara is the only one that truly matters and I plan to live a normal life with her from now onwards.....only if you do as I say"- he had told him, both as a request and a threat for his father to make a decision.

And as a result, Harshvardhan agreed to his conditions, using his connections to dig each and every fraud and misdeed the Agarwals ever conducted in business to expose them. He then proceeded to publically claim in the media how the Agarwals threatened to harm his son and daughter in law when they learnt about there love affair, filing fake case on Abhimanyu regarding the brutal attack on Dhiraj and how as a perfect family man, Harshvardhan himself assured both Akshara and Abhimanyu to marry in court, seeking the help of Law and Order to protect them against the unjust threats of Mr. Agarwal.

Having the advantage of a better reputation in the industry, Harshvardhan's statement managed to get the support of his shareholders who joined hands with him for their own monetary benefits in order to take down the Agarwals. Also, the emotional family statements made by him on the other hand managed to gain public support, giving him the benefit of creating an even better reputation amidst this entire plan of Abhimanyu while eliminating the competition of the Agarwals from the market at the same time- giving him what he wanted.....the doomed reputation of the Agarwals that would soon lead to their bankruptcy as both real and fake cases against them were now being circulated everywhere in the news articles.

"But still.....you did use me for revenging them. It was your benefit in all this that made me and my family go through the unnecessary drama", Harshvardhan complained to Abhimanyu just a day before he left with Akshara, still projecting the dislike he held for his son.

"Used you?", Abhimanyu smiled back sarcastically at him, trying to hide the look of hurt on his face. "Think again sir.....If I used you for my benefit, then what have you done with me since the start? You adopted me when you felt that you can never have a child of your own. You treated me like your real son for the first few years and then?......The love of a father suddenly vanished from your heart for me the moment you held him in your arms for the first time- your own blood, your real son....Yuvraj Harshvardhan Birla. And me? I was suddenly a burden to you and a threat for your real son. Ever since then, you left no stone unturned to make me feel like an orphan even after having a family. And my stupid 7 year old self kept questioning myself as to what mistake I made that my father stopped loving me.....as to what mistake I made that my little brother looks at me as if I'm his biggest competitor that he needs to eliminate.....as to what mistake I made that no one except for my mother talks to me in the family anymore-....", he stopped midway, swallowing the huge lump forming in his throat upon reliving his childhood memories that still seemed so fresh and painful.