1. Welcome Back

"This is not your home"

Abhimanyu stood infront of the Birla Mansion, vividly remembering Mr. Harshvardhan's words.

"I shouldn't have brought you here in the first place but now, you cannot stay here anymore"

He tapped his foot anxiously to the ground, staying fixed at his spot. He knew he had to face those taunts again for the next two months while staying with his "family" that never really considered him as a part of them.

"It was my mistake to bring an orphan and give him all the luxuries, treating him like my own son"

It's funny how he was just a small child when he heard all such things from the man he claimed as his father once, but he still remembered his each and every word crystal clear.

"You can never be a part of my family. I have only one son......my son Yuvraj"

And that was the last day when Abhimanyu ever cared about them. It was enough for him already......enough of all those taunts. Enough of trying to please the ones that would never consider him as their family. Enough of craving for their love and attention when he knew that it was not in his fate.

He was an orphan after all.

So how can he be the one receiving the love which was always reserved only for Yuvraj, his so called brother and the only flesh and blood of Mr. Harshvardhan Birla?

Abhimanyu was not deserving of their love and respect......and he himself made sure to drill this fact in his head ever since he was a child.

Now all he ever wanted was to show how he never needed them or the name of the renowned businessman Mr. Harshvardhan Birla to prove his worth.

He had his plans......plans to be above them in the near future.

He was surely not the sacrificial types to stay obliged to Harshvardhan for giving him a name or a family as a formality. All he remembered was the hatred he received from his father and his brother ever since he was a child and he decided to return them the same treatment.

And thus......taking a deep breath for preparing himself for the next two months drama, he took the steps forward to the mansion.

The gaurds immediately opened the door without a word, slightly bowing to him with respect since for the outside world, he was still considered the eldest son of the Birla's. Passing a half smile their way, he went inside, just to be greeted by the only person and his sole reason of coming back- Manjiri, his mother.

She was the only one who never differentiated between an orphan and her own biological son, the only one who ever took a stand for him and therefore, she was the only one who mattered to him.

"Happy with your successful emotional blackmailing?", Abhimanyu managed to pull a smile and teased her in a playful tone as he engulfed her in a tight hug.

Not even ten seconds had passed and he could feel that his shirt was already wet with her tears.

"It's been 14 years since you left and only came twice to meet me....I had no other option", she defended herself hitting him on his shoulder as tears continued to fall from her eyes.

"Just look at you......", Manjiri said, blinking back any further tears and cupped his face. "My son grew up to be such a handsome boy. The best."

"And look at you Maa, you are becoming younger day by day. My offer is still valid by the way......leave your husband and I'll search a better man for you. I've made a list as well" Abhimanyu stated, only to receive another slap on his shoulder from her that made him chuckle slightly.