4. Anniversary Party

Mr. Birla......You must be really proud of your son Abhimanyu", one of the esteemed guest of Harshvardhan told him with a wide smile, rendering Harshvardhan and Yuvraj speechless.

It was the celebration night in the Birla mansion since it was the anniversary party of Harsh and Manjiri. Like Harsh stated earlier, he had called many business partners and possible future investors as his guests in the party with the intent of even introducing his son Yuvraj in the business line to all.

But to his shock, he did not expect most of the investors to express their interest in Abhimanyu's startup.

"His vision is different and it is a very scalable project", one of the investors told Harshvardhan.

"I met Abhimanyu two weeks ago in Delhi and I was impressed with his business approach. I'll definitely invest in him and I'm sure you must be proud about it too Mr. Birla that he is doing something different than your family business. Isn't it?", another one said passing him a warm smile.

"Oh....ofcourse I'm proud of him", Harshvardhan faked a wide smile their way, trying to hide the rage building inside him due to the negligence of these people for his real son Yuvraj and the never-ending praises for Abhimanyu. After all, Harshvardhan had created a very positive image infront of the world, showing that he loves both his sons to the core which was now backfiring on him.

He looked at Yuvraj and saw insecurity building visibly on his face due to the same reason- jealously and unacceptance seeing Abhimanyu's success before his. That's when Abhimanyu's words from yesterday night struck Harsh's mind- "And one more thing Mr. Birla......don't worry about me getting closer to your guests tomorrow, since they are themselves going to come to me"

And that is what was happening.

Harsh looked at Abhimanyu standing at some distance alone, with the guests approaching him one after the other and shaking hands with him, impressed by his personality and charms. Abhimanyu too managed to spare a glance at them, passing them a stern look with his savage smirk, irking the father-son duo even more.

Yuvraj walked towards him, unable to control his frustration anymore. "Done with your stupid game? You must be getting entertained this way right?", he spat out.... ensuring that only Abhimanyu heard his words, instead of creating a scene infront of the guests.

"Entertained by this?", Abhimanyu asked calmly. "This is nothing infront of what all I've planned to achieve in future", he said with firm determination in his voice, heightening the insecurities of Yuvraj. "Plus....this party is very boring, so there is nothing entertaining for me right now", he added when his eyes landed on the entrance door and a girl's presence caught his attention.

She was wearing a black shimmery gown with full sleeves length black net coat, looking gorgeous as her wavy hair kept gracing her face as she entered the hall.

He was looking at none other than Akshara. She looked ethereal.....too innocent and petite infront of these business-minded people present in the party as she walked beside Mr. And Mrs. Agarwal walking next to her.

"On a second thought....the party might not be that boring anymore", Abhimanyu muttered slowly, looking at Akshara's restless eyes searching the crowd to find a familiar face.

Abhimanyu's words were only audible to Yuvraj and he peeked in the direction, to see where Abhimanyu was looking at only to find Akshara standing there.

"What the hell is she doing here?", Yuvraj sighed, feeling irritated with just her mere presence.

Akshara also looked in his direction and a warm smile graced her face as soon as she saw Yuvraj. However, it disappeared as quickly as it appeared, and was replaced with a heartbroken look when Yuvraj immediately broke the eye contact without acknowledging her.