28. The Deal

"Do you even realise what mess you are getting us into just for that girl?", Harshvardhan roared in anger, his voice echoing in the room as he stared at Abhimanyu in bewilderment.

"Akshara.....her name!!!", Abhimanyu warned in the most sophisticated tone while sitting on a large leather sofa, reciprocating his father's stare with the same enmity- "And she is not just a girl......She is my wife", he added, emphasising on each word as his jaw clenched on sensing Harshvardhan's dislike towards Akshara.

They had only been in a room alone for less than a minute after Abhimanyu proposed an unstated deal infront of his father to tackle the situation his way.

He had brought Akshara to the Birla mansion right after their court marriage, shocking the entire family to the core as both Harshvardhan and Yuvraj watched him walking inside, holding his wife's hand possessively, guiding her steps while she clung onto his arm with her other free hand as well- fearing and knowing that she won't be welcomed there at all.

"We got married", Abhimanyu announced casually and a pin drop silence followed thereafter. While Harshvardhan silently stood there, registering the words that he had just heard, on the other side, Yuvraj's eyes continuously travelled from Akshara and Abhimanyu's faces to their interlocked fingers in shock, reminding him once again on how all his initial plannings had backfired on him in the worst possible manner as it was still difficult for his fragile ego to believe that for the first time ever, someone had chosen Abhimanyu over him.

At the same time, amongst this chaos, it was only Manjiri that looked at both of them with a different emotion.....guilt. The guilt of asking Abhimanyu to leave, the guilt of doubting his intentions and the guilt of failing her own best friend by not protecting her daughter Akshara as she was unable to look past the fake facade of the Agarwal family.

A tear trickled down her face at the realisation of not being present there to witness her son's most precious moment- his wedding. Her mind cursed her fate while her heart blessed the new couple infront of her eyes while she quietly stood at some distance- not knowing how to greet them in that moment when Abhimanyu looked her way, reading those expressions. He smiled softly at his mother in reassurance as soon as her eyes met his.

"I'm sorry", Manjiri mouthed without making a sound, glancing at both of them, causing a ray of hope to flicker in Akshara's eyes at the thought of atleast someone in the family being ready to accept their marriage. Elated, she took a step forward in her direction when Harshvardhan's sudden words ran a shiver down her spine- "Don't even dare to take a step forward", he shouted, immediately snatching the hope shining through her eyes.

"Your family is looking for you", he glared at Akshara, despising her presence as he walked in her direction, failing to control the annoyance any longer. "The Agarwal has promised me that he'll take back all the allegations on Abhimanyu if we return you to them"- Akshara gulped at his words, squeezing Abhimanyu's hand harder, knowing what Harshvardhan was about to say next. "So it will be better if you return to your family and sort out the mess with them before I force you to-"

"I think you didn't hear me properly Sir....", Abhimanyu stepped forward to face his father, blocking his stare directed at Akshara. "We are married now", he repeated. "And she won't go anywhere near to them again. She is my wife and she'll stay with me. Let me also see how the hell can anyone force their decision on her in my presence anymore".

Stunned, Harshvardhan stood speechless for a moment, observing Abhimanyu's gaze that held the threat with all seriousness, meaning each word that he had just said.

"I don't believe this marriage nonsense......I won't accept it", he stated again, lowering his voice a little this time that lacked confidence, causing a sly smile to lift Abhimanyu's lips. "You have to accept it......because the world already did", he replied, asking him to check the news that none from the Birla family has heard of yet.