25. You & Me Together

"You Ran Away From The Hospital?", Abhimanyu stared at Akshara in disbelief.

"That too without even informing me", Shreya narrowed her eyes at her best friend. "I had to deal with the never ending drama of the doctors alone!!", she added, still glaring at Akshara who sat infront of them both, taking a sip from the coffee mug very silently, without meeting their questioning gazes.

"You are still weak Akshara", Abhimanyu's eyes rested on her bandaged hand while his heart again sank at the thought of her previous suicide attempt. "It's risky to even walk alone and you ran away.....damn you are reckless!", he wanted to scold her, but his words came out without an ounce of strictness or anger. It was the softest tone, completely contrasting with his otherwise tough demeanor that made Akshara smile sheepishly in their direction in return.

After listening to Akshara's confession for him an hour ago, Abhimanyu took her to a nearby cafe, paying no heed to the argument that was still going on between his father and Mr. Agarwal at the police station regarding Dhiraj's condition. His phone kept buzzing the entire time, either with Manjiri's calls or Harshvardhan's but he ignored it all, mentally trying to still process the fact that Akshara loves him too.

He kept glancing at her after every second, believing it to be a beautiful dream that could end any moment and everytime this thought crossed his mind, his hold on her hand tightened....not wanting to wake up this time......not wanting to let go.

Was she for real?

Did she really told him that she wants to be wherever he is? Did she actually asked him to take her with him anywhere he wanted to? Did she actually told him that she was in love with him?

How can someone be in love with him?

How did he end up being this fortunate in the matters of love- something which he just witnessed from afar all his life, knowing he won't ever be able to experience it for himself. Then how did that one game that was started to demean his brother, ended up giving him Akshara?

He had no answers to any of this.

All he somehow knew in that moment was that Akshara is his most beautiful gift that he had ever received from life.....and he sat quietly in the cafe, admiring her- trying to figure out as to how delicately should he deal with her, how carefully should he touch her or what should he do to make her smile to ensure that he is cherishing this gift, not wanting his life to take back someone like HER who was finally HIS.

That's when Shreya joined them in the cafe after receiving a text from Akshara and complained about her sudden disappearance from the hospital that made the entire hospital staff question her instead.

"But I did message you that I'm leaving to meet him", Akshara pouted as she slowly met her gaze. "Oh yes! A message I received after you left while the doctors were already shouting on me for being careless", Shreya shot back rolling her eyes.

"That's not right Akshara.....you shouldn't have left without informing her", Abhimanyu added in a serious tone, receiving a quick glare from her for siding with Shreya. "Really?", Akshara's sarcastic remark made him shut his mouth immediately as he sensed where this conversation was heading to.

"You too left all of a sudden that day without informing me. What about that?", she stated as she continued to glare in his direction that made even Shreya take a backseat from the conversation.

"Woh....I....I-", Abhimanyu stuttered, clearing his throat upon seeing the frown on her face. "I thought you still loved that idiot so I left", he added while glancing at Shreya for some support but it was her chance to sip the coffee in silence, trying to avoid messing with her friend's frowning look.