8. Lets Play A Game

"For the first time in my life, I felt like I've given you way too many luxuries ever since you were a child that it has spoiled you now Yuvraj. You are not mature enough to hold responsibilities ", Harshvardhan's words echoed in Yuvraj's head as soon as he received Akshara's message.

These were the exact words he heard from his father, later at the anniversary party once all the guests left, when he questioned as to why Harshvardhan suddenly abandoned the idea to announce the handover of his business to him infront of all as planned.

"None even acknowledged your presence there Yuvraj. It was all about Abhimanyu and their interest in his business. Where were you in their mentions? Why haven't you done anything to take this business forward till now. On what basis should I announce the takeover? ", Harshvardhan's sharp words pierced through Yuvraj's ego as he stood there silently, seeing his father fuming in rage because his own son....his own flesh and blood wasn't getting any recognition in the industry.

"Don't get me wrong Yuvraj", Harshvardhan stated, keeping a reassuring hand on his shoulder "This business is yours....sooner or later you will inherit it and I'll make sure that Abhimanyu won't get even an ounce from it. But, before the handover, prove your worth. Atleast be better than Abhimanyu", he added, deepening the insecurity forming inside his son.

"Atleast be better than Abhimanyu......"

That was the first time his father ever compared him with his brother, with the intention to show him his own weakness. And in that very moment, his hatred for Abhimanyu grew ten folds.

So that's the reason he came to Akshara, knowing that she is the only person out here who could help him achieve a sense of victory over Abhimanyu.

Yuvraj knew that there was no way he could snatch Abhimanyu's skills.....so he decided to do what he did best all these years. He once again decided to play with his brother's emotions in order to ensure that he is atleast able to snatch all the affection and love coming his way, leaving him with nothing.

Oh what a pleasure it will be.....to wipe away that confidence from Abhimanyu's demeanor by making him fall for Akshara who is already the puppet of his strings. She'll do as he demands, she'll get closer to Abhimanyu if he requests her and she'll come back, running to him on his one call, leaving his brother with a bitter taste of loss.

He smirked as he re-read her message, knowing that the game finally started.

__________________________________________

On the other hand-

"Be confident....don't make him doubt you with your nervousness"

Shreya's instructions kept playing like a loop in Akshara's head as she sat with Abhimanyu in a cozy cafe setting with two coffee mugs placed infront of them. She absentmindedly looked around at other tables which were mostly occupied with young couples clicking selfies, talking, laughing, holding hands and showing different displays of affection.

Meanwhile them? They were the only odd one out there. They were the only contrast in that otherwise romantic environment and while Abhimanyu continued to keep a usual confident and unaffected body language, Akshara on the other side, kept fiddling with her coffee mug, passing awkward smiles in his direction, thus displaying her nervousness on a pedestal to him, doing exactly opposite of what her friend told her to do.

"You seem different today", Abhimanyu said, breaking the long mysterious silence between them. It was about half an hour since they arrived at the cafe, yet they hardly exchanged any words since Akshara was too nervous to start a conversation that she had to fake.