It's Complicated

Vic watches Rhea's match from the monitor backstage. She doesn't have anything pressing tonight because a secret meeting with Triple H to convince him to keep Nia far away from Rhea from now on. She's mid thought when Damian walks up, arms crossed. He looks at her then at the screen.

"You and Rhea seem to be making progress," he says.

Vic stares at the screen a moment then shrugs slightly.

"It's complicated," she replies.

"That's why she was on top of you in a tickle fight?" He asks.

"Just..don't worry about it D. I know what I'm doing."

Damian sighs and rubs his neck before nodding.

"Be careful, Vic. You know how she is. She left you once-"

Vic turns and cuts him off.

"You don't think I know that? You don't think I remember waking up alone? Drawers empty. Dogs gone. Her gone. No note. No warning. You don't think I see that memory every. Fucking. Time that I close my eyes? I know, Damian. I know she left me. I know exactly how she is. Thanks for the reminder."

With that, Vic walks away, shoving a tear from her eye as she goes back to the dressing room, forgetting about her meeting with Triple H. A few minutes later Rhea walks in and plops down in the vanity chair. Grabbing a makeup wipe to clean her face with.

"That was brutal," she sighs.

Vic nods and scrolls through her phone. Rhea looks over at her.

"What's wrong? Were you crying?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Vic replies quietly.

Rhea turns in her chair to face her.

"Tell me," she says.

Vic shakes her head so Rhea reaches out, grabs her chin and tilts her head up. Her face is stern, but soft.

"Vic. If you don't tell me what's wrong right now I swear to God I will-"

Vic smacks her hand away.

"Are you using me?" She blurts.

Rhea sighs and drops her hand.

"Vic-"

"Answer me. Are you using me?"

"No. I'm not using you where is this coming from?"

"I don't want to be hurt by you again and I don't know how to trust that you won't," Vic sighs.

"Victoria listen to me. I'm not going anywhere. I told you that before and I will say it again. I'm not leaving. I don't know who got in your head tonight but I will prove that you can trust me. It will take time, and I understand that."

Vic nods and puts her phone down sighing.

"We should go before we miss our flight to wherever the hell Smackdown is," Vic laughs softly.

Rhea laughs and wipes a tear from under Vic's eye.

"Yeah. Wherever it is. Let's go," she says as she stands and holds a hand out.

Vic takes her hand and stands before the two gather their things and make their way to the airport for yet another flight.

***

"I'm so tired," Vic whines as she and Rhea make their way down the hotel hallway to their room.

Rhea smiles and pulls the keycard from her pocket.

"You and me both. We can sleep until Friday if you want," she smiles.

"That sounds amazing," Vic sighs.

When Rhea stops short of the door, Vic bumps into her and yawns.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Matt?" Rhea smiles.

Vic looks up and sees Buddy standing outside their hotel room with a suitcase sitting next to him. He smiles and envelopes Rhea into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" She asks happily.

Vic stands there watching and smiles.

"I took the week off to travel with you two," he replies before looking at Vic.

Vic drops her duffel bag she was carrying and walks over to him, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

Buddy smiles at Rhea and hugs Vic back, letting her take the time she needs. He leans down to kiss her cheek, but she turns her head to let him kiss her lips for the first time.

"What was that for?" He asks with a smile.

"People don't often say they're proud of me," she replies.

Buddy rubs her back and kisses her again, this time without the surprise. Rhea clears her throat and chuckles.

"We should probably get in the room, yeah?"