Walk Away

The next morning Vic wakes up and rubs at her head. She looks around the room, down at the clothes she's wearing and then over at the bed next to hers. Nothing's making any sense. Where is she, what is she wearing, why is Buddy in her room and where the hell is Rhea?

"Good morning." He says and sits up on the bed.

"Buddy..why are you in my room?" She asks.

"Call me Matt. And you were pretty drunk and rolled out of bed when she put you in it so we stayed. She's grabbing something I forgot in our room." He answers.

Vic nods in understanding and he scratches at his beard.

"Are you hungry? I can order some room service before we have to head out." He offers.

"Um, no not really but I could use a coffee."

Buddy nods and walks over to the room service menu, looking it over before deciding what to order. Once he's off the phone, Vic speaks up again.

"So how does someone as nice as you end up with someone as cruel as her?" She asks.

"She's not all cruel, Vic, come on you have to know that. Outside of work she's pretty shy and quiet. I love her, the same way you did Victoria."

Vic just looks at him, unsure of how to respond to that. How to react to someone saying they love the girl she once used to. She's grateful when Rhea walks back into the room, breaking the awkward silence.

After they eat and Vic gets her coffee, they make their way to the airport. Rhea and Buddy walk a little ways ahead of Vic and the boys. She's trying not to make it obvious that she's watching them say their goodbyes.

The two walk back over and Buddy looks at Vic. 

"Nice to have officially met you and thanks for that tip. I'll try it out sometime." He winks.

Rhea's face immediately goes flustered, Vic is a bit stunned and the boys are confused but shrug it off as a wrestling tip or something.

When they board the plane, Vic finds herself sitting next to Rhea with Dom and Damian sitting directly behind them. She's staring down at her phone when Rhea looks over at her.

"So that necklace, it looks familiar." She says.

"Does it?" Vic questions.

"Oh come on. I gave you that necklace, didn't I?" Rhea replies.

The boys are keeping a close eye on them as she speaks.

"I have no clue what you're on about." Vic states.

"Vic-"

"Rhea I think we're in the wrong seats." Dom interrupts.

"No I'm in the right seat." Rhea says before turning back to Vic. "I'm right, aren't I?"

"Rhea." Dom intervenes again.

Taking the hint, Rhea stands and switches seats with him. Once he sits down Vic gives him a soft smile.

"Thank you." She speaks lowly.

"Did she really get that for you and you're still wearing it?" He asks.

"Yeah." Vic replies.

"After everything you seem hurt. Why would you still wear it?"

"I guess it symbolizes not so much how the relationship ended, but how it started. It symbolizes someone I cared about and represents a time I felt cared for." She replies.

Dom nods in understanding and, as it's a long flight ahead of them, Vic eventually falls asleep. Maybe an hour into the nap, she starts shaking, her head twisting from side to side. She's having a nightmare again.