𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Gore-

As you slowly regained your bearings, a mixture of pain and fury coursing through you, you pushed yourself up onto your hands and knees. Your eyes never left Lute's, the intensity of the gaze mirroring the silent battle between you. With a sharp inhale, you pushed yourself to stand, your muscles protesting the movement. With lightning speed, Lute closed the distance between you, her blade slicing through the air with deadly precision. You reacted instinctively, dodging to the side at the last moment, narrowly avoiding the lethal strike.

You trip Lute up, kicking the sword from her hand, watching it slide across the floor as she quickly pops back up to her feet. Your heart races as you face her, adrenaline pumping through your veins. You circle each other, eyes locked in a fierce battle of wills. Then, in a whirlwind of movement, you clash once more.

As Lute lunges at you, her fingers gripping your collar tightly, you brace yourself for impact. With a sickening thud, you crash into the wall, pain erupting through your body. Your eyes squeeze shut against the agony, but your hands instinctively grasp onto Lute's.

"Feel it," you mutter through clenched teeth, channeling your powers into her. Lute's scream pierces the air, a visceral symphony of torment. She releases her grip on you, the intensity of your touch overwhelming her.

Your wings unfurl, carrying you away from the wall and back to the ground. Lute lies curled up, writhing in unbearable pain.

As you step towards her, a glint of defiance in your eyes, you taunt, "I thought you'd put up more of a fight." Lute's expression darkens with pain and fury, and without hesitation, she launches herself at you. You both crash to the ground, grappling fiercely.

In a swift maneuver, you manage to roll, reversing your positions. Your fist finds its mark, landing blow after blow on Lute's face with a steady rhythm. She endures the onslaught for a brief moment before swiftly drawing her angelic steel dagger and driving it into your thigh. Agony lances through you, and a scream escapes your lips as she wrenches the dagger free.

Lute watches with a cruel smirk as you struggle to rise, each attempt met with a forceful kick that sends you back down to the ground, further exacerbating your pain.

Lute sheathed her dagger and strode toward her sword. Returning to you, she paused before driving it through your hand. Another pained scream escaped your lips, and Lute savored the sound.

"I think I'm going to enjoy staining every surface in this room with your blood," she taunted, relishing in your agony. You met her gaze with a glare, your golden blood staining the pristine floor beneath you. "Don't worry, I'll simply say you ran away, unable to endure the presence of such pathetic and filthy creatures," she sneered, her words fueling your anger.

But you refused to let her win.

As Lute raised her blade once more, you tensed, prepared to evade her strike. You wouldn't go down without a fight. However, a voice calling Lute's name interrupted the impending confrontation. She turned, and in the doorway stood Adam, accompanied by the other members of the hotel.

Lute raised her blade and you were ready to dodge out of the way, you weren't going to go down without a struggle. But a voice called Lute's name. Lute turned and in the doorway was Adam, and the members of the hotel.

Adam's anger was palpable, evident in the absence of his usual mask—an unusual occurrence for him. Despite the tension, a wave of relief washed over you at his arrival. However, Lute's nervous chuckle betrayed her unease as she faced him.

"A-Adam, I...," she began, her words faltering as her breath quickened, her composure crumbling into a stuttering mess.

"Adam, just let me deal with this, and we can talk afterward, okay?" Lute pleaded, offering a strained smile. Angel, his face twisted in anger, moved forward, poised to intervene, but Adam's outstretched hand halted him.