𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ -Fluffish?- 

( I made a deal with myself that I couldn't drink water until I finished this chapter and I do not recommend)

Feeling a sharp jab pierce your flesh, you jolt upright, your wings spreading out. Turning your head to shoot each wing a glare, you furrow your brow in irritation. With practiced precision, you rummage through the feathers, adjusting them until they are all aligned properly. You manage to tuck them in securely, mindful of avoiding another stray feather that might prick at your skin.

It's one of the aspects of having wings that you don't miss.

As you gaze out onto the balcony, the light filtering through the clouds indicates it's early morning. A smile tugs at the corners of your lips as you realize there's enough light to practice.

Quickly getting dressed, you step out onto the balcony, the cool breeze brushing against your skin. Gripping the railing tightly, you attempt to spread your wings, but frustration mounts as you struggle to control them. It's been a week since you gained your wings, yet you still can't seem to get them to cooperate.

Your hands clench the railing tighter as you try to remember which muscles to tense to achieve the desired result. With a deep breath, you squeeze your shoulder blades, hoping it will prompt your wings to unfurl. But after a minute of fruitless effort, they remain stubbornly folded against your back, and you groan loudly in frustration.

You don't remember it being this hard. "Having some trouble?" The voice startles you, and your wings flicker off the ground as you turn to see Adam, effortlessly flapping his wings and hovering in place mid-air. Anger flares within you as you glare at him. "What do you want, Adam?" you snap, returning your focus to your stubborn wings and attempting to spread them once more, only to fail yet again.

Adam floats closer, resting his head on the railing while still maintaining his flight. A smirk plays on his lips as he responds, "Came to share my wisdom."

"I'll pass, thank you," you reply curtly, your wings drooping back to the floor as if mad at your  own response. 

"Thought you'd say that," Adam remarks, pushing off the railing and executing graceful loops in the air, observing your struggle. After a few more minutes of watching you grapple with your wings, he groans and returns to your balcony. "For fuck's sake," he mutters, frustration evident in his voice. "Let me help you."

You turn back to your wings, continuing to try and coax them off the ground. "No," you say quickly, rejecting his offer without hesitation.

He watches you struggle for a few more seconds before commenting, "Glaring at them menacingly isn't going to get them off the ground." You groan and turn back to him. "Then what else do I do?" you ask exasperatedly.

Adam smirks and extends a hand towards you. "Grab on," he suggests. You stare at his hand for a moment before responding sarcastically, "Then what? You gonna drag me around the sky?"

"Basically," he replies with a smirk. "I'm not doing that," you quickly retort, turning back to glare at your wings. Adam sighs and shrugs. "Fine, enjoy whatever those things are," he says, gesturing to your limp wings that droop to the floor. Just as he pushes off the balcony, you call out, "Wait...Fine."

Adam smirks triumphantly as your wings lift off the ground and spread out the moment your hands intertwine with his own. He pulls you into the air, and your wings begin moving back and forth, catching the air and propelling you upward. His grip on your hands is tight, ensuring you don't slip away. However, when a gust of wind disrupts your flapping, you begin to drop, which elicits a surprised squeak from your lips.