Chapter 8

“He can wait. Spend some time with me, please?” His voice, as tiny as a little baby's snore, vocalized. 

“Abdullah, you need to eat something. I won't be long I promise” he shook his head negatively trying to sit up but she halted his move. “You are very weak from any kind of stress now, you need to lay down” she grabbed his shoulder. 

“Then stay with me, please” he begged again. She smiled defeatedly, then went back to sit with him, but this time, she sat on the couch. 

“I need to feed you, then administer your drugs to you, Abdullah'' she said, caressing his freehand. 

“I know, but I just want you right next to me for a minute at least. Stay with me alright?” He begged. 

“Alright, I will” she gave up. She sat down with him without saying anything. They sat like that, Kulthum playing with his fingers and Abdullah shutting his eyes relishing in her sweet company. A knock on the door broke their momentum and Kulthum stood to check it. 

“Your highness, good morning. Here are some stuff Anisah gave me” he handed it over to her. “How is he?” He asked, looking past her shoulder. 

“He is fine, he is resting,” she said calmly. He nodded and decided to leave.

“I will leave you two alone then” he said and left. She went back to Abdullah and adjusted his bed to a much more comfortable way. 

“Alright have something to eat, you need your strength” she fed him the soup slowly and quietly. When he was done eating, she took the opportunity to get him cleaned up then decided to wash up also. When she came out, she was fully dressed in a fresh new set of clothes then sat beside him having light conversation while she was eating. 

“You need to rest Abdullah, you are stressing yourself quite too much” she adjusted his bed to its usual position

“Wait,” he halted her movements. “Just a little bit more please” he gave her one of his most charming looks which he knows she can't resist no matter how angry she was. 

“God you are so annoying” she said in exasperation. He flashed her a cute smile and she rolled her eyes playfully.  “Alright five minutes, and after that, you are going to sleep, '' she ordered. 

“Sounds fair” he said, liking the way she was responding to him. She wanted to make a very snarky remark but a knock on the door prevented her from doing so. Just as she was about to move, the door opened revealing Jenna first. 

“Jenna?” Kulthum asked, perplexed. “What are you doing here? Is Aunt Anisah with you?” She asked, coming close to her. With a nod of the little girl’s head, she affirmed her suspicion. Then Hudayfah walked in calmly with his hands in his pocket just like someone she knew.  

“Mummy, good morning.” He greeted. Coming to hug her. He always does that, so it wasn't really a new thing for her. 

“How are you, baby? Where is Aunt Anisah?” She asked, 

“I'm here, Good morning Aunty. How are you doing?” she asked, walking in. “I'm sorry, the kids were just disturbed and wanted to see you badly,” she explained.

“No problem, come in.” she ushered them in. 

“Kids, this is mummy's good friend, Uncle Abdullah. Uncle Abdullah, meet Jenna and Hudayfah. My babies” she introduced. 

“Handsome Uncle, what happened to you?” Jenna’s innocent voice asked, coming closer to him. Thank God he was still in a sitting position if not he would have found it difficult to sit up.