Love and Lies : Falling Again- Derik and Jennifer's story

This book will primarily deal with Derik and Jennifer's marriage, their secrets, pain and love. And you can get more of Abinaya and Akash's happy marriage scenes in the second half of this part and a better look into Celine and Eric's story and also the bonding between the siblings. 

so guys here is the snipets form the first part of the second installment of this book: Love and Lies : Falling again.

.

.

Derik Daniel D'Silva gazed at his reflection in the mirror, the polished glass revealing a man on the precipice of a life-altering decision. The room, once a sanctuary, now felt oppressive. And there, standing behind him—unexpected, unwelcome—was her ghostly presence. Her eyes bore into him, a silent accusation.

For a fleeting second, he dared to hope that she was truly there, that she hadn't abandoned him and is here to get back with him. Before the happiness of his heart reach his eyes reality crashed down—the space behind him remained empty, and fresh tears welled up, blurring his vision.

The pain seared through him, akin to being consumed by flames. Her smile, etched in memory, taunted him. "I want divorce," her words echoed relentlessly. His sanity teetered on the edge; emotions he'd suppressed erupted, and he cried out, a bitter lament for love lost.

Why? The question reverberated within him.

Why had she left?

Why had God shown no mercy?

Why did his love life crumble repeatedly?

Why him, always? 

.

.

"Jennifer, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit," Derik pronounced, sliding the ring onto her finger, a perfect fit for their imperfect journey.

Jennifer mirrored his actions, her hands steady despite the storm of emotions within. "Derik, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

Their eyes locked, and for a moment, the world fell away. And Derik saw a raw fear in her eyes, a fear of commitment, a fear of betrayal and a pain of love?

In her eyes, he glimpsed love, lies, hatred, pain. But it vanished, replaced by joy. He mentally scolded himself for imagining depth in her gaze.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. What God has joined together, let no one separate," the priest declared, marking the beginning of their shared path—a journey of faith, love, and the intertwining of two souls.

.

.

Go read the full chapter in the book that is published separately under the title Falling again.