Chapter-17

Her decision

"Jennifer" Derik's call brought her out her transe and she looked around and found it already dark.

"Had a fight with your brother?" his words shocked her, he never starts a conversation unless it was about business. And she nodded her head negative in response.

"hmm! I'm getting the documents ready. Dad might get shocked when he learns the truth, but don't respond even if he askes you anything" she is not surprised! If he talks to her that must be about business and nothing else and that thought pained her heart.

"You face look like a mess, get freshen up and eat something, starving is not going to help in anyway" he left leaving her shocked with his words. He wasn't that generous to mind her starving. And the change she noticed in him melted her heart. In the last two months he was more considerate than he was in their whole married life. Yet Jennifer's heart pained, as it realized that everything is going to end in matter of days.

May be this is the game fate decided to Play with Jennifer and she found no way to escape that.

Abinaya closed her eyes and tried to her some sleep as the encounter with John left her tired for the day

Abinaya closed her eyes and tried to her some sleep as the encounter with John left her tired for the day. Her phone vibrated disturbing her and she looked at Akash.

As she she made sure he was sleeping she took her mobile and played the voicemail she received after connecting her headphones.

'Abi, I proposed the deal as you asked. And Derik is staying away as of now. I believe that everything is going well. And it will end in success. You are the one who have to take a correct decision now. I don't think that I can keep Aditya away for a long time. It's your time to take a good decision. You have tk either chose Akash or us. You know about the consequences of choosing either. And foe reminding you, there is someone waiting for you who has no one else but you. Waiting for your answer' the voice ended and confusions clouded Abinaya's mind.

She was confused beyond words and she struggeled to chose. There is someone waiting for her, and she knows that too.

And at the same time, the smiling face of Akash which flashed in her memories hunted her now and then. She tried her best, to find a reason that she can use against her racing heart. So that she can convince her to hate him.

But she found none, atleast for now. And that worried her. 'What if you regretted doing this to Akash in the future?' Abinaya's mind bothered her with such senseless questions all the time.

"what are you doing to my heart Akash?" Abinaya spoke to her sleeping husband. The night kept her awake and he ruled her mind. She is more than just confused. Her own conscious burdened her with unbearable guilt as his sweet words echoed in her mind every second. She felt like standing at the edge of the world where there is no choice for her to make.