Chapter-2

Chapter-2
He said 'I Do'

*Not edited *

Abinaya Matthew was lost in her own thoughts as the liturgy processed forward. There was a uncertainty and fear in her mind while the man beside her stood with no visible emotions.

'may be he is not worried as he already has a plan in his mind' her mind tried to find a reason.

Abinaya was not sure, how all of this is going to end, but she is sure about one thing! She is going to be in history by this day. She Can't help but smile in her mind for that.

In the 105 years of their church's history, the weddings stopped during twice and her wedding is going to be third one

The last one happened almost 30 years back and they talk about that even now, and Abinaya knows that her name is going to be popular soon. But she was less bothered about that. She is gald that it will be on D'silva's name than her family. They won't be blaming her but him and she is happy for that.

Soon the readings started and followed by the priest's messages. And the end is not too far form there.

Abinaya's feet was chill and her hands started to shiver as the time passed. She is nervous, and don't wanted to show that off.

The priest explained the base of a marriage, It's holiness and all other advices for a happy life when nothing reached her ears.

'why all these nonsense talks for a not happening wedding' her mind chided only to hide the uncertain feeling in it's heart. Suddenly it felt painful for Abinaya to imagine what will happen when he say no. It will be embarrassing and highly painful.

She is going to remember this day when ever she is stepping in this church, but it is better than marrying him, Akash D'silva.

She looked around for once before the supposed 'holy wedding' starts. Her Dad's face was filled with happiness, As if he is more happy for her, than he would have for her eloped Step-sister.

Her step mother as usual had a burning expression, which she hid with her fake smile. And in D'silva family, Mr. Xavier D'silva had a confused and worried look plastered over his face.

'may be he has a guess about his son' s plan 'her mind tried to answer all her doubts to keep her calm. Her heart skipped a beat when the priest came forward for the Enchange of consent.

Abinaya shivered with each passing second, she is now afraid, like never in her life.

' He is going to say no and we are going home' she told to herself but that didn't helped.

"Erwin Akash D'silva and Abinaya Matthew have you come here to enter into Marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?" the priest asked and Abinaya took a sigh.

"I am" she heard his cold voice form the other side making her heart race and the priest turned his attention towards her. No words escaped her mouth. Everyone's glares stated to get intense and she saw worry in her father's eyes who stood bear her. "I am" she uttered. Even though she had no idea why she did that.

'may be he will say I can't insteed of i do' her conscience tried to cheer up her spirit. She has to make herself ready to say no if he failed to do that at the last minute.

"Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?"

"I am" this time they both said in unison.