Chapter Fourteen

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

You land at Incheon Airport with swollen eyes and, what felt like, the weight of the world on your shoulders. The flight back to Korea gave you ample time to really think about the predicament you found yourself in.

The rushed meeting that you had with Hoseok, who in turn had to involve the COO as well, left little room for argument when they arranged you to be on the next flight back to Korea. You barely had time to fully wrap your head around the matter, but Hoseok was persuasive in the manner. He had emphasized the importance of keeping up public appearances and how a scandal might be detrimental to Jungkook's career.

In the end, you agreed without any arguing. You figured it was for the best, wasn't it?

"When you called me to say you were heading back, I thought it was a joke." Tae comments as he helps you with your luggage.

You were grateful he wasn't in a teasing mood, thinking that your solemn expression warranted against it anyway.

"Not a joke." You answer tiredly.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks gently as you both pile into his car.

You shake your head as you feel tears threaten to spill over. It was dramatic, sure, to be teary-eyed like this. It's not as if you were fired or that Jungkook himself sent you away. Nothing bad technically happened. If anything, a crisis had been averted. However, something inside of you knew that a storm was brewing and it all depended on whether Sayon would flap her perfectly plump lips to the wrong media outlet. Anger spikes your bloodstream as you stare out the window of the passenger seat.

"You know I'm always here for you, right?" Tae reminds you as he keeps his eyes trained on the road ahead.

You don't wanna speak, fearing the waver in your voice would give way to the odd emotional state you're in. but you manage to softly murmur out, "I know."

He sighs while glancing over at you, eyes full of concern. "It's not like you to keep things bottled up."

"It's a work thing."

"Work or Nochu?"

"Is there a difference?" You counter softly.

"He didn't...do anything stupid, did he?"

Your eyes widen as you face him. "No!"

"Okay, don't get pissy with me." Tae chuckles before adding, "I just wanted to make sure so I could hop on the hate train if that were the case."

You roll your eyes while exhaling a small laugh. "It's nothing like that. In fact, it's...Sayon sorta caught me leaving his hotel room."

Tae snickers before quickly composing his features upon seeing the narrowed glare you casted his way. "And I'm assuming that's bad?"