Chapter Twelve

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

The premier for Seventh Precinct went extremely well.

At least, that's what you saw as you watched it from your apartment living room with Tae. Hoseok, though supportive of you and Jungkook being together in secret, advised that your presence at the premier wasn't necessary. You knew he came to that decision because it would be the grand first appearance of Nochu and Sayon as an official couple.

The media ate up the confirmation from both companies, and though you had agreed to it, encouraged it even, it still left a bitter taste in your mouth. Here you were, sneaking around with your boyfriend, someone you care for who returns the same sentiment, but due to your lack of relevance to the public eye, you couldn't openly show your affection for him. Instead, you were forced to swallow your pride and bear a smile as he walks in the limelight and you wait in the shadows that the camera flash cast upon him.

"Sayon looks gorgeous." Tae gushes, wearing a toothy grin to accompany his awestruck expression.

Forcing the bitter edge out of your tone, you say, "Of course she looks beautiful, she has to."

You've had the pleasure of meeting Sayon more than once, though you doubt you could say it was actually a "meet" since her doe-eyes barely looked at you before she chatted up Nochu, ignoring your presence altogether. So, there might be some resentment lingering in your bones as you watch her through the television screen.

"You didn't have to work tonight? I figured you'd be in high demand considering this looks like a big deal for Nochu's career." Tae comments while nodding at the glamorous premier.

In all honesty, you had been spear-heading the thing for a good week before Hoseok figuratively benched you. You've no connection to the sports world, but you figure that this was pretty much the same thing.

"Well, it's probably for the best that I'm not there." You admit with a small huff.

Tae turns his head to face you more squarely. His eyes scan over your face and lingers there for a few moments. You try to look composed, but judging by his small sigh, you can tell you probably appear upset. You don't want to be upset, but you can't help it.

"You wanna talk about it?" He offers just as Nochu loops his arms through Sayon's, the two waving at the cameras and smiling as if they were the perfect couple.

Exhaling a sigh, you debate how much you're willing to talk about. At this point, Tae knows most of the details about your relationship with Nochu—not Nochu's real name, of course—so it's not like telling him how this situation makes you feel would be some grand revelation. However, the thought of voicing your feelings, your inner thoughts, all of it, just seemed counterproductive since it was you who had given the proverbial greenlight to proceed with this charade.