Chapter 28

Maria's POV

I was woken from my sleep with the feeling of something tickling my nose. I tried to bat it away, but I was not successful, so I opened my eyes to see my baby girl with a big toothy smile on her face with a feather that I presume has come out of the pillow. She had been using it to tickle my nose and started laughing at the face I must have pulled. "Good morning honey did you sleep well" I say pulling her into me for a hug. "uh-hu mummy, no scary dream" she says smiling at the fact she finally managed to get a restful sleep. I hug her close at this knowing she hasn't slept the best over the last few nights. "Where is daddy?" I ask looking over at the empty space beside her. "Daddy said he shower and I to wake you" "Ahh I see, so that is why you were ticking my nose hmm" I sat giving her a little tickle on the tummy "Mummy noooo, was daddy's idea" she squeaks out "Ok, Ok I will stop but on one condition" "what mummy?" "When daddy comes back you have to help me tickle him for revenge yeah" I say looking down at her smiling back at me nodding her head.

Just then my husband walks through the bedroom door with his comfy clothes on. It is not very often you see him in anything but is suite and tie. "Call daddy over" I whisper in Lana's ear. "Daddy come, come" she says all excited "I'm coming princess" he says walking over and sitting down beside us and before he gets the chance to speak, I grab onto him, pulling him down so that he is lying on the bed, and I begin to tickle his sides while Lana goes for him neck. My husband has never been overly ticklish, but he plays along. "Noo my own wife and daughter tickling me, what did I do to deserve this" he laughs out before grabbing Lana and pulling her on top of him ticking her back.

"Daddy nooo, mummys idea not meeee, stooooop" Lana squeaks out and Ant stops and gives her a big bear hug. "Ok, Ok, I will get mummy back later why don't we go get you ready for the day while mummy gets ready?" he says still chuckling away "No I stay with mummy" this comment makes him stop and look at her with confusion, but it makes me smile and makes me feel so much better than I did yesterday. I don't know why I though she did not like me when she has shown she had, and this just clarifies it. "Why don't you go and get ready with daddy, and I will be through in just a moment okay" I smile, encouraging her to go with Ant. "Okay mummy" she says as she reaches up to Ant who whisks her up into his arms and walks to the other side of the room to grab her clothes for the day.

I head out the room to have a quick shower while Ant gets Lana ready. After a nice shower, I get dried and dressed before heading back to the bedroom that is now empty, so I made my way down to the dining room where Ant is sitting with a coffee, Jack is sitting with Lana in his lap helping her eat. I say good morning before taking my place beside Ant and digging into some egg and toast with a cuppa tea. We sit in peace with Jack entertaining Lana, but the peace is suddenly interrupted with Lana having a coughing fit. "Baby, are you okay" Jack says as he pats her back while leaning her forward slightly. She continues to cough for a few more minutes making us really worried, and Ant had picked her up with a concerned face trying to help but he didn't know what to do. When she finally stops, we can see tears run down her face and she hides in Ant's neck needing some comfort which he happily gives.

"What happened there princess?" Ant askes her but gets no response she is just way too upset and no wonder I bet that gave her a good scare. We all sit back down at the table with Lana holding on tightly to her daddy's top not wanting to let go and if it was at any other time I would have smiled but I can't, what caused her to cough like that, she was not eating or drinking anything, so what caused it?

Jack's POV

When I entered the dining room this morning, I seen that no one else was up but there was a table full of food, so I knew the maids had arrived and gotten it ready. I grabbed myself some breakfast and just as I has finished my son walked in with my granddaughter in his arms with that smile I love to see. I get up and walk over to them "Do you want to come to grampa?" I ask her, knowing that my son needs to eat and so does she, so I can help feed her while he eats. I expected her to decline and stick to Ant as I have noticed that she was clinging to him yesterday but to my surprise she nodded her head and reached out to me making me smile at her and kiss her cheek. "Let's go get some yummies in your tummy" I say giving her tummy a little tickle which I get a giggle at in response.