Chapter 17

Alana's POV

I wake up and I'm not surprised to see that I'm back in the crib. I look over to the side of me and see the teddy I was looking at earlier and smile, I have to admit it was nice to look at something and get it with out really asking for it. I bring grab onto it with both hands and feel how soft it is, I never had a teddy before, and I smile again at how soft and fluffy this one is. I lift it in the air just admiring it like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. Gosh why am I acting like a kid right now loving a teddy. Maybe I should give in and just accept my fate, I know I will never get away as I have seen how many guards there are around this place and even if I got out of the crib I still have to get threw their bedroom and down stairs, out side and even then the gate to the property is huge. I don't think the tall people here would be able to climb it never mind myself, there is also the fact that unless I am in this crib, I never seem to be alone. Would it be so bad to live this life that want me to live? They have been nothing but nice and loving to me, something I have never received much of before. I'm scared to let go though, what if they decide after a while that they don't want me anymore, what will become of me? Do I have a choice though? I may as well try and have a good life while I can, shouldn't I? There are so many questions I think to myself.

I hadn't realised I had started crying until a strong pair of arms pick me up and cradle me to their chest saying sweet words to calm me down. This seems to be a regular right now. I know it's him, my new daddy, and it doesn't seem sour to say or think like it did to start with. "What's wrong darling?" Daddy says in a soothing tone, I should hate this man, but I do have to say since the get go I have felt safe with him and I should hate it and I did but something has change and I don't know what, and with that my mind is made, if I am to live here I may as well be the princess they keep calling me and be apart of this family, like I have been told I already am.

"Daddy" I say sniffling, I must ask before I really go for this. "Yes princess" "Will you ever leave me or send me back?" "No never, you are stuck with me, with us, is this why your crying?" he asks pulling me closer if that was even possible. I just nod my head I return, "Are you afraid we will get bored and send you away or is it you wish we will?" how do I answer? "I don't know" I say truthfully, "I miss mum, but I feel safe with you" I say knowing he will see each end for what it is and hope he understands without me explaining further. "You want to stay here princess even though you miss your mum?" he asks and all I can do is cry more and nod my head. "Aww princess, you're going nowhere not now and not in years to come, that I can promise."

We sit for a little while on the rocking chair until I am fully settled and I like this, I never really knew my dad as he died when I was really young so it feels nice to have someone wanting to be my daddy and a lady wanting to be my mommy who actually wants to be with me and hold me and cuddle me, even brothers, I always wanted a sibling to keep me company and now I have two. I hate the circumstances, but I care about these people even though I know it is wrong to do so but at this point I do not care, I have a family who loves me, and it has only been a few days.

"Daddy" "Yes princess?" "Can we watch a movie?" "Of course, but its dinner time now so after okay" and with that he stands, and we head downstairs. As we walk into the dining room I notice between mommy and daddy is a highchair, oh god, I know that's for me, I have to remember that they mean well and I agreed to do this, well in my head anyway. Daddy sits me in it, and I keep a hold of his shirt, I don't know why I am worried about sitting in here, but there is something about not being in the safety of his arms that I don't like. "You're okay love, it's just while we eat ok," he says like he knows I need the reassurance. I nod my head and he proceeded to sit down beside me while giving me that smile that makes me feel like everything is just right.

"Hey sweetie, oh have you been crying, what's wrong?" mommy asks while looking at me then over to daddy. "Nothing love, she's okay aren't you princess" he says but gives mommy a look that I don't understand. "Yes mommy" is all I can say while trying to add a smile with the words. It felt strange calling her mommy, but it felt right in a way and by the look on her face she is happy with my choice of words. "Okay sweetie" she says before leaning over and giving me a kiss on my cheek which makes me giggle as it was so light it tickled. "Now isn't that the most adorable giggle ever," I hear Xander say making me look over at him then down in embarrassment which just receives a chuckle from everyone by the sound of it. "Nothing to be shy about, we love hearing you happy and giggling away" Luca says making me look back up and smile at him. Just then the kitchen staff come out with plates of food for everyone, and I get yet another plastic plate, but this one looks different, but I can't see the design because of the food.