Chapter 8

Tony's POV

What a day I think to myself. Boss started off in a mood and after finding out that the rat who calls himself Lionel had called. No wonder he was in a mood, every time Lionel calls, he always is. Lionel is the type who is so low on the pyramid that no one wants anything to do with him and I honestly can't see why boss hasn't killed him yet for constantly messing him around, if it were me he would have been dead a long time ago. I don't know what is worse the fact boss hasn't killed him yet or the fact that when he calls and says he has something boss may want we end up going to see what he thinks is more important to us than our family and work. I had told Sergi that if this was another one of his pointless plans to get higher up in bosses' good book then I would kill him and I would also kill him if I thought this was another wasted journey like every other time before.

We have only been here for 2 days to meet with the Italian Mafia, they are our friends and family due to boss man's wife being their daughter. This was supposed to be a short trip and we were supposed to be on that jet on our way back to Scotland by now, but no were now in a car driving to what looks to be the middle of nowhere to see the rat. I don't know why I call him the rat, but I have so must distaste to him it's all I want to call him.

When we finally pull up to the address, we were given I was immediately on high alert. Why would he bring us this far out? I understand that what ever he wants to show boss can't be seen but he could have met us closer to the city not three odd hours out into the wilderness. Once Sergi pulls over I get out and open the door for Antonio before turning round and looking at the rat walking towards up looking as smug. "I want to smash his face in" I say turning slightly to Sergi who has the same facial expression I do. Sergi doesn't speak much but you can always tell what he is thinking by the look on his face, it is his way of telling you things and I know he agrees with me, his dislike to the rat is on the same level as myself.

After Antonio speaks with Lionel for a while, I catch them making their way over to the rusty old van where they proceed to go inside. They were in their for a few minutes before Lionel came out first looking nervous. I was already reaching fo e girl in his arms, she must not be any older than 2 maybe 3 years old. "What the hell is that bastard r my gun when Antonio came out, and what surprised me was the fact he was holding a littl up to and why does he have a child in the back of that van?" I say to Sergi who looks at me with confusion most likely thinking the same. I see her looking around and eventually her eyes fall upon Sergi and I and all I can do is give her a smile, but I think it came out more like a smirk than a smile.

Antonio finally comes over with her still in his arms and I guess that means he is taking her home with us then proceeds to say so himself which sets the poor kid off. I felt bad having to sedate her but from the looks of her she has had it rough and maybe sleeping will benefit her. Threw the car ride and lunch she either slept or sat fairly quietly with only a slight outburst here and there but now we are on the jet, and she has been rather calm well except the whole incident with getting changed but now she is sound asleep snuggled close to Antonio who has managed to doze off with her.

While going over the events of the day so far I hasn't seen the flight attendant standing in front of me until she tapped my shoulder. "Sorry to startle and disturb you but it is dinner time and we need to know what you would all like to eat" she says sheepishly before glancing over at Sergi then Antonio. "Can you come back in ten? I will wake everyone up and get them to look at the menu," "of course sir" she says before heading back to the front.

I sigh and get up heading over to Sergi giving his shoes a slight kick startling him awake. "Dinner time Sergi wake up and take a look at what you want" I say before getting a death glare from him, I just smirk and walk away over to Antonio and Alana. I glance down at Alana, and I can't help the smile that comes on my face, I have to admit she is an adorable little girl. Snapping out of it I gently reach over her and gave a light shake to Antonio.

Antonio's POV

I felt someone shaking me awake but it was very light almost as if they didn't want to disturb me. "What do you want?" I snap but regret it immediately regret it when I feel Alana begin to stir. I look up at Tony while rubbing Alana's back trying to see if she will settle and stay asleep. "Apologies boss but the lady says she needs to know what we want for dinner, you both slept for two hours so its dinner time now." Tony says in a monotone voice not having a care in the world about me snapping at him. "Ok I will have a look at the menu" I say in a dismissive tone grabbing the menu before looking down at Alana who had fallen back asleep. I smile down at her and hold her closer to me as I look at the menu before calling the flight attendant over.

"I will have the bacon salad and another whisky and for little missy here maybe a ham and cheese sandwich," "No problem, anything to drink for the little one?" "No, she hasn't drunk her bottle from earlier so she will be fine" I say in a cold tone wanting her to walk away as I don't have patience for most people and luckily she takes that and leaves getting orders from Sergi and Tony. Fifteen minutes later she comes back out with our food and drinks and once she leaves I eat mine deciding to leave Alana until I have eaten since she is so peaceful and I really don't want to wake her up, maybe I will just let her sleep and she can eat once she wakes up herself we will see.

I was halfway through my dinner when I felt Alana begin to move and was rubbing her head on my shoulder, it made me smile and let out a little chuckle at her sleepy state when she lifted her head and looked around before looking directly at me and even more instead of a comment such as 'put me down' or 'let me go' she put her head back down on my shoulder and relaxed. As much as I loved this willing contact, she is giving me she really needs to eat and even more so needs to drink. "Lana baby I got you a sandwich with some crisps for dinner come now you gotta eat and have your drink too." I say prying her out from her hiding place on my shoulder. "No want" she whispers, "hmm well since it's a sandwich you can eat it later if you want but you need to try and drink something and I won't let you say no to that" I tell her in a strict tone because I already know the reason she hasn't had a drink yet is because she doesn't want to drink out the bottle but she will have to sooner or later and that later is now. "No, I'm not thirsty and I'm not drinking out of that thing" she says sounding more confident than she has during the last few hours. "You either drink it yourself or I will lay you down and give you the bottle by my own hand" I say giving her the option while handing her the bottle which she takes and throws to the ground. "I see my feisty little girl has come back after her nap eh never mind daddy clearly didn't realise how little you are and will help you" I say while taking the bottle of Tony who got up and picked it back up for me passing it over once I have Alana positioned in my arms to hold her and the bottle.

After a good half hour of Alana being stubborn the bottle is finally empty, she has had a good cry and is not back sleeping in my arms snuggled close to my chest where she belongs.