Chapter 4

Antonio's POV

After two hours of driving, we decided it was a good time to pull over at this diner we have seen with a petrol station next to it so killing two birds with one stone food and petrol at the same time. We still have another hour to go before we get to the jet to take us back over to Scotland. I get out the car and walk round to Alana's door and open it, she is still out cold, and I don't know if I should wake her or not so I decide to try and get her out without waking her and once food arrives, I will wake her up. I was successful in getting her out of the car seat without waking her, as I hold her close while shutting the door I feel her snuggle closer into me before feeling her shake slightly. I ask Sergi to go back into the car and grab her blanket since she is clearly cold. Once he passes it over, I wrap it around her then we proceed to make our way into the diner. We walk up to the counter, and I request the staff sit us in a large booth at the back where it seems to be quieter, so we sit down at the booth and get ourselves comfortable while the waiter sets down some menus for us and a child's menu for Alana.

"What can I get for you to drink?" the waiter comes back to ask after a few moments we order a jug of water for the table and I request a carton of juice for Alana thinking she would appreciate juice over water, we also decide to just get our food order out of the way since we knew what we wanted and I ordered some chicken nuggets and chips for Alana because what kid doesn't like nuggets and chips. Sergi and I sit and chat for a little while on the plan for the rest of the day while Tony sits doing something on his phone while glancing up at us every once in a while to joining in the conversation then looking over to Alana then back to his phone, I do take notice of the smile the adorns his face when looking at her before quickly hiding it again almost like he didn't smile in the first place. After waiting 15 minutes I decided to wake Alana up from her slumber. "Alana baby it's time to wake up," I say in a gentle tone while rubbing her back and bouncing her slightly to help wake her. She gives out the cutest little moan and rubs her face against my chest before pushing herself up fully and looking around. "Did you have a good nap love?" I asked but it's clear to anyone that looks at her she's not fully registered on whats going on or what I have said. As she is looking around, she spots Sergi and Tony who both giver her warm smiles and I feel her tense before looking up at me then looking down to where hands that are still pushing against my chest helping to keep her sitting up. "Where am I?" she asks in a small voice clearly feeling unsure about her own voice. "We pulled over for some dinner, I got you some apple juice with nuggets and chips" as I finish telling her the waiter that took our orders came over with our food.

Alana was reluctant to eat anything saying she wasn't hungry, but I didn't believe her and neither did the guys. With a threat from myself saying I would feed her myself if she didn't start eating before I was finished with mine and that had her digging in, slowly but at least she was eating. By the time we had finished we paid the bill and got ready to leave I felt Alana tap my shoulder ever so gently you wouldn't have though she had done it at all. "Yes baby?", "I-I need to g-go to the toilet" she whispers. "Ok love, guy's head to the car and get petrol ill meet you in 10 just taking little missy here to the toilet then we will be out," "Yes Don" they both reply before walking out the diner and to the car. I turn round and head over to the disabled toilet where I proceed to set Alana on her feet. "Do you need help little one?" she turns to me with a blush on her face clearly from embarrassment saying no and makes her way over to the toilet, as much as I want to help her due to her being so small I decide to leave her be and turn my back to her and give her some privacy.

I hear the toilet flush and her feet moving from behind me so I turn round and have to stifle a laugh as I see her trying to reach for the sink taps to wash her hands, but she is too small to reach so I walk over and pick her up earning a sweal from her clearly being caught off guard by me. I hold her while she washes her hands and help her dry them before turning round and making my way out the door, threw the diner then off to the station where Sergi is standing finishing off putting petrol in the car. Once at the car I place Alana in her car seat and strap her in, she does make an attempt to stop me and wriggle out but with a firm glance at me she stops and lets me finish off strapping her in and place the blanket back over her before the rest of us get in the car and proceed to drive off towards the Jet.

"Only another hour before were at the jet love then we will be heading home to Scotland to see mommy and your brothers", "S-SC-SCOTLAND what, no why?", "Because that's where home is silly, " "No, you can't do this, you can't take me to another country," "Now, now love don't you worry your sweet little head about any of this just try to sleep and we will be home in no time" I tried to steer the conversation away from having to talk about the why and that fact that I cant do this when it's clear I can because its what is going to happen. I half expected her to answer back but instead I just hear her sniffling for a little bit before it goes silent again. I look over and see she has fallen asleep, good I think to myself, it will be better for her to sleep as much as possible on this journey.

After another hour of driving, we finally arrivedat the jet, I carefully pick Alana up in her car seat deciding that it's bestto leave her in it since she will be in it during the plane ride anyway so nopoint taking her out to be put back in again. I grab what I need along withAlana's in her seat and leave Sergi and Tony to sort the rest. We get ourselvesseated and ready for the 6-hour flight home.