7

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

"Enzo Bamor. It's a pleasure to meet you." He stood up and extended his hand. Hyde glazed his eyes over Enzo's palm in disgust. "No need for hostility. We're all friendly here."

Arnest scoffed.

"Let's be civil. Why don't you tell me the reason for your visit?"

"Word is that you have Puron batteries in stock."

Enzo gritted his teeth. "Maxine, that witch." He spat scornfully. "I bet she sent you here. That's too bad. I'm sorry to say, but your trip here was in vain. We're fresh out."

Enzo placed his phone down and turned on his heel, but Hyde caught on very quickly. Hyde rushed forward and shoved Enzo into a nearby pillar.

Enzo tried to run, but his attempt failed. Hyde pressed his dagger against his throat. "Your best bet is to find a brand new set, or else the Patrols will find your dismembered body scattered all around this building."

Hyde sighed. "I don't feel like staining my hands in your blood today. But I'm not patient, so I can't help it if it happens."

"You can threaten me all you want, Hyde." Enzo smiled wickedly. "But the censors are active. One wrong move and Patrols will lock in your location."

Arnest walked over to Hyde and stood beside him. "There are cameras all over the lobby. Haylestorm is full of droids. And you're not in a stable condition to fight them off right now. Let's settle things quietly and go."

"Listen to your pet, Rogue." Enzo seethed.

Hyde thought for a moment. If the droids intervened, things would get more complicated. They just outran them hours ago. It was better to lay low for a few days so they wouldn't be tailed so easily.

He grumbled and released Enzo, who coughed for air.

Harper's hold on Yanpu's hand tightened when Enzo glanced at her. His expression turned sour. "I'll give you the batteries. But I want something in return."

Enzo strode to Harper and looked her body up and down. "Her."

Harper blinked. "Excuse me?" She didn't know if she heard him correctly.

"Take my word for it. Nothing good comes outta her." Hyde chortled.

"I believe it. With this appearance, she's an atrocity." Enzo agreed, and Harper's jaw dropped. "Untamed hair,"

Harper reached for her hair and huffed.

"Ragged clothes... you're the first woman to waltz in here with such a need for a makeover. Are you a man, fighting in the war?"

"I'll have you know that my hair isn't untamed! It's naturally this way!"

"It is?"

"Yes! But dastards like you, who live on the outskirts of the capital wouldn't know that."

"You're from the capital?" Enzo snickered.

"I am!"

"Is she serious?" Enzo looked at Hyde and began to laugh. Harper couldn't understand why it was so funny. "Lady, I've seen women from the capital. They're not as ugly as you." 

"Well, given my current circumstances, I didn't have the time to keep up my appearance," Harper muttered low, and Hyde sucked his teeth in response.

"You want batteries? Then allow me to use her for a while. Quite a bit of work needs to be done, but the main concern is her hair."