3

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

"The sound of Hyde's slow footsteps was driving her insane. Each pitter and patter, the soles of his boots scraping against the concrete sent a chill down Harper's spine.

He tilted his blade, and the light that reflected off of it became visible. Harper pressed her lips together to force the quivering to stop. She was forcing herself to be strong.

Hyde stood directly in front of her. His left hand fiddled with the handle of his dagger. He was playing with it to intimidate her. And it was working.

Harper moved her eyes back to his scar. What happened to him? Why was it so dark in color? Bruises usually heal after a few weeks. Unless this wound was brand new, there was no way.

A wound this big would require much rest. Harper doubted he was recently inflicted. She reached to touch it without thinking.

Hyde raised his blade and she immediately came back to her senses. "You're intrigued." He narrowed his eyes. "Greed for knowledge must be a trait that all in your occupation must have been born with."

Harper shook her head.

The knife tilted away from her skin, just slightly. And then there was the sound of it plunging through hard material. Harper screamed before slapping her hands over her mouth when she realized that it didn't cut her.

Rather, the door she was standing against had a hole.

Hyde leaned close, and positioned his lips near her ear. "Go."

"M-monster..." Harper puffed softly.

"What?" He smirked. "What did you call me?"

"You're a Monster..." Harper repeated boldly. "Dr. Bomb will come for me. You better start counting your hours. You're dead."

Hyde's eyes lit up with amusement. He let out a soft laugh, surprising her.

Harper raised her leg. She knee'd him in the crotch, earning a low growl from him. He didn't budge. She tried it again, but he caught onto her leg and spun her around, flinging her body onto his cot.

"Where's Yanpu!?" She shouted. "Where is he?"

The door slammed open, and the man with the gray beard who ran after her stumbled in.

"Give me the anesthetic," Hyde demanded, motioning his fingers forward.

"Why don't you kill her already?" The man huffed.

Harper grabbed a fist full of Hyde's hair and yanked as hard as she could. He swore like a sailor.

"GET THE ANESTHETIC." Hyde roared at him. "Release me!"

"Tell me where Yanpu is!"

Hyde ripped her hand away and pinned them over her head. "Forget the medication... pass me that dagger. I'll take a leg from her. That'll shut her up."

Harper froze at his words. The glow in his eyes meant that he was serious about it. "No! Please!"

He took the knife by the handle and held it over her right knee. Harper began squirming around. "No! Hyde! I'm sorry! Don't!"

Harper could feel just the edge of the dagger graze against her. "I'm sorry!" She cried.

The man waited for Hyde to continue. But a look of shock spread across his face when he tossed the weapon aside. "Any wrong moves, you're done." Hyde spat. "Hear me?"

"I'm sorry!" Harper nodded frantically.

"Get up." Hyde pushed himself off of her. Harper did as she was told. "Head right back to that room. Stay inside until I say otherwise."