2

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

Harper heaved as his fingers tightened around her throat. She grabbed his wrist with both hands and began kicking her feet.

"I was going to spare you," He sneered. "You were the only one that didn't have a weapon. Now that you're up and awake, I guess that makes you think you can do whatever you please."

His eyes were red. Literally. The glow from his pupils terrified her.

Harper dropped the pistol as her vision began to fade. Tears cascaded down her face as she saw her life flash before her eyes.

"Please! Please..." Harper croaked.

"I don't like the sound of begging. It's so annoying. Why don't you just go peacefully?"

Harper was about to succumb to her fate until she saw his eyes widen. He dropped her and stepped back.

Harper began coughing heavily, gasping for air. When she came to her senses, she reached for the pistol and aimed it at him.

The man was crouched over, clasping onto the side of his neck. His jaw clenched, and he began letting out strings of curses. He began to cough and dry heave, before snarling out a throaty yell.

Harper placed her finger on the trigger, but she was finding it hard to pull. The man was in pain. Harper noticed a red scar that poked out from his cloak. His fingers covered most of it, but it was obvious that he was harmed somehow.

Harper dropped her gun and rushed over to a cabinet full of medicine. The first thing she grabbed was a pain patch that would neutralize wherever the pain was. They kept them in case Yanpu ever had complications.

Harper dropped onto her knees next to the man who was grunting. The moment she reached for him, the blade of one of his swords grazed against her skin.

It was so sharp that a small cut opened on her cheek, and a small droplet of blood ran down.

"I'm trying to help y-you!" Harper bit her lip anxiously.

"If you... poison me..." He narrowed his eyes at her and spat through a clenched jaw.

"It's a pain patch." Harper shook her head and moved his hand away from his scar. When she stuck the patch to his skin, his body fell against the wall.

The glow in his eyes dimmed, but they remained the red color. His breathing softened, and Harper frowned. The man stood up and Harper followed.

Without another word, he took a step toward Yanpu. Harper quickly stood in front of him to block his way. "I don't know who you are. But I helped you. Please spare us."

The man scoffed. "Move out of my way."

"Spare us!" Harper clasped her hands together. She felt herself being shoved aside. Rather than paying attention to her, he focused on Yanpu.

He snatched up Yanpu's arm and turned it over. Harper didn't know what he was searching for, but it was taking everything within her not to grab the gun and shoot this man.

"You'll be dead before you attempt." The man voiced, barely sparing a glance at her.

"Attempt what?" Harper huffed. Could he read her mind? Did he hear what she was thinking?

The man chortled sarcastically before turning to face her. He walked ahead and dragged Yanpu with him down the hall. Harper sprinted after him.

"Where are you taking him?!" Who was this guy? What gave him the mind to think it was okay to kidnap? It didn't matter. Harper wasn't going to let it happen.