The One That Got Away

I was hanging out with my friends, Sam, Kat, Tara, Jake, Corey, and Devyn. I am the youngest of the group at 22 years old. We were sitting in Sams apartment for pizza night and talking about random stuff, mainly now about Colby. 

"What all did you and Colby do together before?"

Sam asked.

""Well.... The summer after high school when we first met, we'd make out in his corolla listening to the radio. And on my 18th birthday, we got matching tattoos."

I pulled my shirt down to right before my breast showing the protect your heart tattoo Colby had on his chest.

"Wow. I never knew that."

Corey said, shocked.

"Thats cute."

Katrina said smiling.

"He used to buy us liquor and we would climb to the roof. We'd talk about our future, like we had a clue."

After that, my smile kinda faded a little as i thought more about it. Everyone else quieted knowing why.  I started tearing up but smiled again as i looked at the ground.

"Never thought that one day, i'd be losing him."

The girls walked over and Kat was first to hug me. Tara wiped my tears and Devyn sat next to me.

"It'll be alright, girly. He'll always be watching you from heaven."

Kat said rubbing my back.