Car Accident

Me and Colby got in an argument because he has come home drunk all week. Today was the one time he wasn't drunk so i brought it up, but it went into an argument. I grabbed my car keys and went to the garage. Before i got in the car Colby yelled at me.

Colby: "Yea! Just run off from the argument like always!" 

I groaned and got in the car. I opened the garage door and turned the car on, driving off. It was currently 10 p.m. so not many people were driving but there was still a lot because of L.A. traffic. I teared up and started sobbing as i drove. 

Eventually, i pulled up to a red light and i looked down at my phone because i heard a text go off on my phone. Before i could read the message though, i heard tires screeching and as i looked up i felt myself get thrown forward. 

After a second, i felt my ears ringing and i was lightheaded. I looked up and as i did, i saw a car on my driver's side as it slammed into me. My car flipped over on its side and the last thing i heard was the horn going off before i blacked out.

Colby's POV: 

I was sitting at the couch, tapping the back of my phone as i was waiting for Y/n to open my message asking her to come home. i was worried. it was midnight and she still wasn't home. As i waited, i got a phone call. Not from Y/n. The L.A. hospital...

I quickly answered it and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?!"

Nurse: "Hello. Is this Cole Brock?"

"Yes. Yes, this is him."

Nurse: "You're the girlfriend to Y/n Y/l/n correct?"

"Yes. I am. Is she ok? What happened?"

Nurse: "Your girlfriend was in a car accident tonight, sir."

"WHAT?!"

I say in panic. I was shaking and trying to stay calm.

Nurse: "Yes. She was hit by a drunk driver who threw her car into the middle of an intersection and another car hit her driver's side."

"Is she ok?"

Nurse: "She was taken into emergency surgery for internal bleeding. We also know she has a broken rib, fractured leg, and concussion."

I gasped in shock and choked out.

"Can i come see her?"

Nurse: "Not right now but you can during visiting hours which starts at 8 A.M."

"Ok. Thank you."

Nurse: "Your welcome."

They hung up and i just went back to our room and cried myself to sleep. The next morning, i woke up at 8 A.M. and got ready quickly. I grabbed some stuff for Y/n and packed it in a bag for her figuring she would be in the hospital for a while. 

I got in the car and raced to the hospital. Once i got there, i grabbed the bag and rushed inside. I asked for the room number and i was told room 325. I ran down the hall to room 325 and rushed inside.

Y/n's POV: 

I just woke up a few minutes ago when i heard the door open. I looked up to see a very panicked Colby rush in. His eyes quickly met mine as he set a duffle bag down at the foot of the bed and rushed over to my side.

Colby: "Baby! Baby, I'm so, so sorry!"

I smiled tiredly as he took my hand in his.

"It's alright."

Colby: "No! No, it's not! You could have died!"

"But i didn't."

Colby sighed and kissed my head.

Colby: "I love you."

"I love you too."