17 - "School Fundraiser"

-After school at Junior's house-

I am dreading the sound of the door bell ringing.

I guess I have to tell my dad I won't be home tonight, so I'll go do that.

I walk down the hall into my dad's room.

"Dad, dad, dad!! I won't be home tonight." I yell as I enter his room. He looks over angrily from his TV to me, then back to his TV.

"Junior it's a school night! I'm busy watching Charleyy why do you want to go out?!" He demands to know. I flinch at his words and try to think of an excuse.

"It's um, there's a school fundraiser to help starving giraffes in Africa and I have to raise money for it." I say slowly. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow,

"Starving giraffes in Africa.." he repeats sarcastically.

"Yes! It's money for their surgeries! Did you know that many baby giraffes and being born without necks long enough to get the food they need?! It's really sad.. please I need to help them!" I rant to him. He has a look of sympathy before beginning to fume again.

"WELL-That is.. very sad. OKAY, FINE, YOU CAN LEAVE. GET OUT, GET OUT NOW I'M WATCHING CHARLEYY!!" He shouts.

"THANKS DAD!" I yell back before leaving his room.

I race back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I should probably eat something before i get ready for the party.

I walk past Chef PeePee and go into the pantry, grabbing a cup of mac n cheese and slapping it in the microwave.

"So nutritious Junior." Chef PeePee remarks.

"Shut up Chef PeePee that's why you're single and no one loves you." I respond, turning on the microwave quickly then racing upstairs to use the bathroom.

Chef PeePee is staring from behind me with a dropped jaw.

I get back just in time, hearing the microwave go off. I get my cup of mac n' cheese and head to the dining room where I sit alone.

Suddenly the doorbell rings.