Chapter twelve.

(Smut ahead, wouldn't call it that but you'll get the idea when you get there.)

Simon's POV.

Patience. A practice it was and for I? It was nothing but draining. I never knew that one little slip up would just crumble up everything I had hoped on forgetting. Everything I knew I couldn't have was something I wouldn't hope on depending on.

But I found myself in a situation where everything went against me and I couldn't think straight or figure it out like I hoped I would. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Even so there was just one word to describe how I felt the past week and it was completely shitty.

Imagine having to wake up, serve someone who you love and would so much as die for only to realize his engaged to someone that's not you. Pacing the corridors knowing I couldn't move my eyes frantically because one way or another I'll see them and catch them being so in love with each other, and every time it just felt like I was a shadow lurking.

My heart hurt and everything inside of me burnt. I've never felt or gotten the edge to kill someone but looking at him and thinking how just one simple night had made me hope. Hope for him to fight for whatever me and him had going on. In my heart I felt that everything he said that morning would soon be true and that I'd be able to be his and not a servant anymore. But yes, people were allowed to dream.

The dinners, the long walks and everything that the king set up to bring them closer I was somehow in between. I had to make everything go according to plan and I had to endure my so called lover shower someone with love that I for one thought was for me and no one else. The surprising thing was, he seemed so happy with her. I felt so stupid and blamed myself for thinking things would change just like that between him and I, but then yes, a romance between a Prince and a servant, that sounded absurd.

I sighed. Next week was the wedding and I for one was heartbroken and knew I had to accept it. There wasn't a way he'd ever be mine, why would he be ? He never would drop his status for a normal being like me, we don't fit each other. I heard a knock on my door snapping me out of my messed up mind. I yelled come in and in came Prince Melus. A huge grin on his face. I didn't want to see him after the week I had but even so the resolve and everything I had thought about seemed to disappear, seeing his face made me feel better.  That made me angry, I didn't want to be dependent on him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sternly. I looked at him and rolled my eyes at him, slowly I took my servant workings off preparing for my slumber.

"I came to apologize." He replied, his shoulders slumping as he intertwined his fingers, his head dipping to face the ground.

"For what exactly? I don't remember you doing anything wrong, My Prince." I replied taking my pants off. The only thing left was my under garments and with that I was a bit skeptical because he was here. He looked at me but I could see his eyes trailing and a zooming in on me. I wasn't uncomfortable. It felt good realizing I still had some sort of effect on him even though that only happened just by me being half naked.

He froze. His eyes trailed all over my body and I could swear I saw lust in his eyes. He took one step and looked at me. When he realized I wasn't moving, he took another. He looked up again out of curiosity and within seconds he was so close I could barely see the cold hard floor. My breath hitched. All of the sudden all I felt was tenseness and my heart had start beating rapidly. Right, he still had such an effect on me too.

He pulled me by my waist.  No warning. Nothing. My body collided with his and everything he had done this week vanished. Why was I angry at him again?