Chapter three.

(Sorry for the late update,I'm a girl and period pains don't care about updates :(

Simon's POV.

"I don't think I can take much more of this," I thought to myself. Sometimes it seemed like he was playing games with me, teasing me, making me feel on edge. I couldn't tell if he really cared about me or if he was just messing around. But the attention he gave me made me feel giddy, like I was floating on air. I kept thinking about the last time we were together, the feeling of being so close to him. It made my heart race and my head spin. But when he told me I was blushing, it caught me off guard. I wasn't used to being put under the spotlight like that, and I wasn't sure how to react.

My mind was racing, and I felt completely out of my element. But I didn't want to ruin the moment, so I just tried to stay calm and keep my cool. I knew I had to say something, but I had no idea what to say. I didn't want to say the wrong thing and make things even more awkward. So I just stood there, my mouth dry and my palms sweaty. I felt like a deer in headlights, frozen in place. And then I realized that I was just making things worse by not saying anything. So I eventually ran out without a word.

The palace was quiet without him. He had left early to take care of some matters in the village, and I wondered what they could be. I had no idea what he was up to, but he seemed more focused and determined than ever. I admired his dedication to his role as Prince, even if it meant he wasn't around as much. But as much as I admired his drive, my heart ached at the thought of him choosing a wife. The coming-of-age ceremony was quickly approaching, and he would have to choose a bride. How could I compete with a princess?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see the person in front of me until it was too late. I collided with them, stumbling back and nearly falling. I was about to apologize when I recognized the person.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I stammered. I looked up from the floor and my face flushed when I saw who I had run into. It was Melus' brother, the younger prince. He was often overlooked, given that his brother was the crown prince. He was shorter than Melus, with short hair and a smaller frame, but he still towered over me. He was often described as the "invisible prince," and I felt like the "invisible servant" next to him. I felt mortified, my face burning with embarrassment.

"Thats alright, are you sure you're okay?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. I was surprised by how different he was from his brother. He was sweet and kind, whereas Melus was aloof and cold.

Perhaps it was because he was younger, or perhaps it was just his nature. I had never really thought about it before. But the difference was clear as day, now that I was standing in front of him. Oh, his name was Evan, Prince Evan.

"Not shadowing my brother today?" he said, ruffling my hair and patting my shoulder. He did that sometimes, and I still didn't know what to make of it. It was like he saw me as more than just a servant. He often ignored or barely acknowledged the other servants, but he always stopped to talk to me, even when I wasn't serving his brother. I knew it was silly, but sometimes I wondered if he had a crush on me. I laughed at myself for even thinking such a thing. A royal, having a crush on a mere servant, who was an orphan? That would be ridiculous.

Still, the thought was there, lingering in the back of my mind. I brushed it off, trying to focus on my work. But I couldn't help but feel a little warmer around him, a little more comfortable. Perhaps it was because he saw me as a person, rather than just a servant. It was a small thing, but it made a big difference.