"Michael said-"

"I am aware of what he has told you in regards to this. So, you have a choice. Put on the helmet and remember, or don't. It's your choice." Sera explained.

"But please, whatever choice you make, do so quickly. I'm sure if Emily saw you at the trial, she might find the confidence to plead her innocence." Sera bowed her head slightly before turning and leaving Cross be. Cross was silent as he stared down at the helmet, gently holding it in his hands. His mind raced back to what Lucifer had told him, to seek out the answer himself. But what would that entail? What would he see in his memories that Michael attempted to keep hidden? He ran one of his hands over the top of the helmet as he finally recognized it. He had tried regaining his memories before, but Michael had shut it down for reasons he was never told except that they wouldn't help Cross. Cross could then feel Sera's power emanating from the helmet, the necessary step that was now done in order for Cross to proceed.

He took a deep breath as he laid on his bed and situated the helmet on his head. He heard a soft beeping and before long, he fell asleep, with the darkness of his mind greeting him. Before long, that darkness was beginning to be replaced by lights, images, even feelings that Cross had long forgotten. His body was translucent in this dream world where his memories presided,  a shocking sight which Cross quickly got used to. Suddenly, all the memories disappeared as he stood in darkness yet again. He began to think something went wrong with the helmet before a bright light appeared before him. The light expanded and soon represented a screen as Cross could soon see a memory appear before him.

"It's a son! My lord! You have an heir!" An excited, female voice yelled out over the sobs of another woman and the cries of a young baby. Cross watched the screen, observing the memory through the point of view of what seemed like a young baby. The baby could only see the wooden roof of a home before a man stepped into view, the baby reaching towards the man's beard and fluffy mustache. Cross felt his chest warm at the sight of the man's face who smiled warmly at the baby.

"Hello, Peter."

Act Two

Upon the revelation that Cross was seeing through his own mortal eyes in his memories, he felt happiness shoot through him. He watched the man in the memory, who he assumed to be his father, hand him off to a gorgeous, curly brown hair woman who was exhausted but smiling. Cross melted on the inside, knowing that without a doubt, this woman was his mother.

"Hello, Peter...oh my darling boy," The mother cooed softly as Cross watched his young self reach out to touch his mother. She held his tiny fingers in her hands and as if he was there, he could feel her warmth on his fingers making him clutch them. His father reappeared and kissed Cross's mother before the two of them watched Cross with loving eyes.

Cross moved his hand across the screen as the memories he had passed by, watching himself grow through the years. It wasn't until he was 25 that his father went off to fight in the first crusade for Jerusalem, wanting to do right and bring his home glory. Cross in the meantime, watched himself bring the land and estate his father left in his care to a prosperous state. Far and wide, people soon became familiar with the name Lincolnfield. With that notoriety, lords in nearby lands approached Cross with their daughters, hoping to merge their houses together. Cross didn't really have an interest in any of the women he met, mostly because they wanted his land and not him, and it stayed like that...until one fateful day. Cross was walking along the property with his mother, observing the beautiful flowers that lined the perimeter. He could feel the sun on his skin, feel the breeze in his brown hair. But what he felt next, was the feeling of his heart boom in his chest. There, walking down the trail that crested over the hill in front of the estate, was a girl dressed in a beautiful crimson dress, a blue sapphire necklace hung around her dainty neck, and her golden hair bounced beautifully behind her. When she reached Cross, she smiled at him shyly.

The Fine Line We All Walk (Hazbin Hotel FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें