Chapter 2

Act One

Charlie stood before Cross, taken aback by his politeness, but also by his presence. Cross stood at the door, waiting for a response from Charlie but all he got from her was, "Um..." Feeling he maybe hadn't conveyed his reasoning for being there, he began to speak but another voice cut over his.

"Charlie?" Behind Charlie a female with white hair, shorter stature, and a red 'X' over her left eye walked into Cross's view. Charlie turned her head to the woman to acknowledge her presence and explain the situation but never got the chance to do so as the woman pushed past her quickly, armed with her spear. She lunged at Cross, spear pointed outward as Cross quickly sent his arm into his coat and grabbed something.

"Vaggie, wait!" Charlie outstretched her hand to grab her girlfriend but Vaggie was too far in front of her. Cross finally revealed what he was hiding in his coat as a short sword appeared, emanating a white light and a blade crafted of a glass-like material. He put the weapon's flat side across his chest as Vaggie's spear tip hit it causing the sound of screeching metal to fill the air. Vaggie glared at Cross, pushing her spear harder into his weapon, with the obvious intention to run him through.

"Vaggie, stop! He's here to talk!" Charlie placed a hand on Vaggie's shoulder as Vaggie turned to her, her one eye reflecting disbelief.

"Charlie, what!? He's an angel! We were literally just fighting three days ago and now one of them comes to talk!? Yeah right!" Vaggie argued against Charlie's words as she turned her gaze back to Cross.

"Miss Vaggie, please. Miss Charlie speaks the truth. I'm not here to kill you nor harm you," Cross said, supporting his sword with the palm of his hand pressing against the broadside of the sword's blade.

"Quiet! Why should I trust you? I don't even know you!" Vaggie tensed her body getting ready to push forward again but something shiny in Cross's coat caught her attention. A shiny, aquamarine badge clipped onto one of his many inside pockets held golden letters spelling out the name, CROSS, on it. Vaggie's eye widened as she stopped her advance and lowered her spear.

"Cross?" Vaggie questioned softly, looking him up and down.

"Hello, Miss Vaggie. You have changed much since we last saw one another." Cross lowered his short sword as the blade disappeared allowing Cross to pocket the hilt back in his coat.

"I'll say. Last I saw of you, you were still someone's apprentice while working with E.V.E. Wait, you're still working for E.V.E right?" Vaggie's spear seemingly disappeared into thin air as she put her hand on her hip.

"Wait, wait, you two know each other?" Charlie piped up as she stood next to Vaggie.

"Yeah, I had just been assigned to Extermination and Cross was working under someone at E.V.E. I take it that you're here now because you're an agent for the Seraphim?" Vaggie questioned Cross and earned a nod from him.

"You work for the Seraphim!?" Charlie exclaimed, surprise and soon excitement pouring into her tone. "Did Emily send you?"

"Her and Sera both did, which brings me back to my introduction. I need to talk to the two of you about recent events in Heaven that I believe you would like to hear." Cross revealed, straightening his coat as Charlie smiled warmly.

"Please come inside then! It would be nice for the others to meet an angel that isn't trying to kill them!" Charlie squeezed Vaggie's hand as she eagerly went back inside the hotel while Cross looked down at Vaggie.