𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act four. painful goodbyes
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE ━━ savannah

It had been a couple of weeks after the fall off Woodbury and the rise of the prison

It had been a couple of weeks after the fall off Woodbury and the rise of the prison. The original group helped grow the community, bringing people in to help them.

And everybody went on frequent runs, especially Michonne and Josie. The pair had travelled near enough everywhere searching for things. From Macon, Atlanta and savannah.

The pair knew there was a whole other meaning for travelling. It was to maybe find the Governor, but they found nothing.

But Michonne and Josie persisted with their usual runs, and they were currently in savannah.

The two rode on their horses, looking around at the train tracks. Josie tightly held onto the reigns, looking up at Michonne. "How long is this run gonna be?" Josie asked, making the woman turn to her.

"Two days, probably. Savannah is a big place. We'll have to cut through Macon on the way back." Michonne answered as Josie let out a hum. "We'll find a place to settle down tonight."

"Yeah, I don't fancy sleeping in the middle of these train tracks." Josie breathed out a chuckled, nodding down to the train tracks. "It would be so uncomfortable."

"Damn right." Michonne grinned, agreeing with Josie. Michonne turned bag around, her gaze narrowing as her eyes landed on a train. "Hold up."

Josie frowned as she looked forwards, frowning at the train. "How long do you think that's been there?" Josie questioned, raising a brow as she turned to Michonne.

"No clue." Michonne answered her, pulling on her horses reigns and pulling it to a holt. "Let's check it out, see if there is anything useful."

Josie nodded her head, clicking her tongue to signal the horse to stop, and the horses did. Josie jumped off of her horse, holding onto its reign's as she moved towards the trees, tying the reign's around it.

Michonne did the same as she pulled out her katana, looking at the train in front of them. Josie then pulled out her sword, waiting for Michonne's signal.

Josie's eyes looked at the train, half of the train was black, with white stripes, and the other half was red with white stripes, the red carts being attached to the main driving cab.

"It looks empty." Josie uttered as she turned Michonne, who nodded her head. Josie moved forwards first, going towards one of the train carts and climbing into it, dusting the dirt off of her knees as she stood up.

Josie pursed her lips as she looked down at the withering mattress on the floor. It looked like that hadn't been used in months.

She turned around, crouching down as she held a bottle of alcohol in her hands. She grimaced as she looked inside of the bottle. It was half drunk.